Inflation - when is this going to end?

Utter bullshit, the cost of living rises are exhorbarant, the bank of England are putting the nail in the coffin of millions of people with the rate rise, not just the man on the street but the thousands of business who survive by people spending money...they don't have it so they don't spend, job losses, businesses going bust its an absolute shit show.
Indeed, it is a shit show!

Your solution?

One solution is not putting the interest rates up every month, slow down the economy ? Fuck its at a snails pace...
This is my concern, that they are over correcting an economy which already slowing. Its been a continual pumping of money in for years, now it’s banging on the emergency brake.

Me and my missus bring a decent yearly wage at home, but we are working like rabid dogs, and still we are left sour mouthed sometimes with the expenditure especially since the increase in food prices and petrol/diesel.

I am petrified for my fellow compatriots and I honestly have no idea how some of them will survive the winter and the upcoming economic environment.

At what point do the people actually burn the fucking thing down?

Increasing the minimum wage just causes wage inflation across the whole of the economy, from the low paid right up to those in the higher echelons.
To me, the solution and I said it before is to increase taxation on those earning over £70-80k per year using the same sliding scale that already exists for people earning 125k, downwards. Also increase capital gains tax which predominantly only affects the wealthy.

With the tax revenue gained from this you use it to supplement salaries as an additional benefit which may well equate to £15 per hour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.