Iniesta

Going against the tide, I think he'd be a good signing.

Firstly, after watching Pep make this league his woman, in particular with players who aren't exactly physically imposing, I think Iniesta's frame is not an issue.

Secondly, getting someone who's 34 means that when it's time for Foden to really step up in 2-3 years there won't be a senior nearing his own peak to block that path. Very unlikely Iniesta will get anything more than a 2-year contract at best. If Lampard could do a job for us at 36, fucking Andres Iniesta will be fine for another 2 years.

Thirdly, he's 34 and no matter what his demands are if he signs he'll sign for the wages City will like to afford for a 34-year-old. So the money issue is non-existent frankly.

And last, I think this team can do with a mentality like his and he's perfectly still capable of playing at a high level, certainly at the level of the league and cup competitions in England.

Also, he's free. If a winger and DM is all we're willing to shell out for, why not get a world class AM who knows Pep's way inside out for free?

Get him in. Just for a year. Extra fall back for when David isn't available or need a a rest. Also with yaya leaving there is space for a quality wise old head.

Alas, it would be tough cos of squad registration rules. Yaya is going, but we're already aimin to sign 2, which means zinch will be off (hopefully on loan). Maybe bravo to be replaced by Gunn? Or danilo by Maffeo?

I said NYCFC when this news first came up, because I didn't think it's the type of signing we'd make and I know that NYCFC have long been interested as a potential DP. If it did happen, personally I think it would be an excellent short term signing. Would help us rest Silva, while not blocking Foden's longterm path to the first team. Also, his experience could be invaluable to winning the CL (just as Vieira's was to winning the FA Cup).

If it wasn't for foreign player spots I would be all for it, he might not have the physicality but having that aura around the younger players in the squad would be inspiring and I still think he'd have enough to produce 5 or 6 top class performances in a season

I think he would be a brilliant signing for a year. Rest for Dave with little drop of quality. He wants to go into coaching as well I believe.

Get him in.
What a player.
Imagine the influence he could have on our younger players not to mention the academy.
Not a bad to have as a substitute or a starter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.