Inigo Martinez

Well fuck, we're signing Evans

giphy.gif

Don't think he is a stop gap, more a replacement for Mangala that can rotate with Otamendi or play on the left of a three or cover left back. Stones is Kompanys replacement, and either Kompany or somebody else will cover Stones next season.

My capacity for forgetting that we have Mangala is incredible. About the 5th time I've done it when talking about potential incoming centre halves!

I've not seen much of him, but I share the same reservations. Not particularly big, not particularly quick, reasonable in possession. It's irritating that it's come to this (ie buying another stop gap, rather than a top drawer centre half), because the situation with Kompany was entirely forseeable. Still, as ever, our need is clear and in Pep we must trust. I think he's pretty much shown that he knows how many beans make 5
What club has 3 and 4 absolute top drawer CBs? Mardid's 3rd and 4th CBs are academy players Barca still have an aging Mascherano who's off to China and bringing in a wild card Colombian playing in Brazil Yerry Mina, PSG's 3rd/4th choice is an academy player Presnel Kimpembe. Get the drift? Our top drawer CBs are Stones and Otamendi. Sociedad aren't the most attractive club to watch right now but Martinez is a quality player who ticks multiple boxes for Pep. He's usually Rulli's main outlet when he plays it out of the back, he's calm in possession, he can ping a pass from anywhere, he defends well and actually despite his size can head the ball pretty well. Martinez is the left footed version of current Otamendi in relation to our club. I think the only reason Barca didn't snap him up was because they already had this deal with Yerry Mina in the pipeline and it's just a matter of when he joins because Palmerias wants to keep him till the World Cup which is the current deal in place, Barca want him now.

What club has 3 and 4 absolute top drawer CBs? Mardid's 3rd and 4th CBs are academy players Barca still have an aging Mascherano who's off to China and bringing in a wild card Colombian playing in Brazil Yerry Mina, PSG's 3rd/4th choice is an academy player Presnel Kimpembe. Get the drift? Our top drawer CBs are Stones and Otamendi. Sociedad aren't the most attractive club to watch right now but Martinez is a quality player who ticks multiple boxes for Pep. He's usually Rulli's main outlet when he plays it out of the back, he's calm in possession, he can ping a pass from anywhere, he defends well and actually despite his size can head the ball pretty well. Martinez is the left footed version of current Otamendi in relation to our club. I think the only reason Barca didn't snap him up was because they already had this deal with Yerry Mina in the pipeline and it's just a matter of when he joins because Palmerias wants to keep him till the World Cup which is the current deal in place, Barca want him now.

If we sign him .. he will be the best 4th CB in the world!

He would never come here to sit on the bench.

He might not. Doesn't mean he definitely won't. But it would be unusual, for a player to leave Barca to sit on City's bench for half a season, as I think I posted elsewhere.

He might be not be so happy there as they are claiming though, or they might want the money & encourage him to leave.

But in most circumstances, I imagine you are probably right. I wouldn't do it, in his position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.