Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson, De Bruyne, Akanji, Grealish & Nunes all back in training (p138)

One of the most infuriating things about the injuries from the internationals is the uncertainty of it all.
Because the games were friendlies, players are told to come off if they feel the slightest twinge. A lot of the time, nobody knows if it’s something minor and every chance they will be back in action the following weekend or if it’s serious and potentially season ending. Chances are it’s something between the two extremes but the waiting for concrete information is what kills you.

Agree, so much cack on social media (and here) last night about how long Stones will be out for, when he hadn't even been assessed

It was self-indulgent. Southgate was the only one who cared about last night's result. He couldn't afford consecutive home defeats for the sake of his own reputation. Stones, Rice, Foden and Bellingham should not have been playing last night, but at least the latter three don't have injuries like Stones. Everyone knew beforehand it was a risk, but the terminally dim England manager put everything on the line for the sake of himself. He is a selfish coward.
I agree with every word about Southgate. But the players have a degree of responsibility as well. Someone like JS who is a certainty for England‘s best eleven and who struggles to play twice in a week without injury, could have been sensible and pulled out of a meaningless game. Saka and other Arsenal players did exactly that.

Slightly off topic..Say what you want about Ben white but he has seen through the clueless cnut that is Southgate knows fine rightly England won’t be winning the euros so i don’t blame him now for not wanting to waste the energy on it ..
I thought his issue was with Steve Holland.

I have a feeling 'best in the world' Bellingham probably feels the same way.
If you consider yourself to be the best in the world, then surely you would want to play for the best team in the world.
This would rule out him joining the rags - unless of course, he was going for the money....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.