Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need for him to be playing so much football so soon after coming back from injury. We have Delap who is scoring goals at youth level and looks a talent. Why not put some faith in him while we slowly bring Aguero back to match sharpness? But no lets just start him in two games back to back in three days and get him injured again.

I assume we have a very expensively assembled sports science team. I’m an idiot and even I know you don’t play a guy 3 times in a week that’s been out for 4+ months.

Maybe we didn’t have money after fixing the defensive issue? I mean we are in a pandemic...
I think we all know that there's money to spend. It's not as if we're skint and after selling Sane and others we didn't have a big net spend.

Going into this year with injury prone Aguero and with Jesus was a poor decision in my opinion.

Some people might not want o hear this. But Aguero might be done. jesus is probably our first choice now. And getting him competition should be a priority.

The management at our club clearly don’t want to hear that. Mismanagement of the highest order not getting someone in last year to push and support Sergio.

Feel sorry for Sergio. Can't quite catch a break this season. Hamstrings as we know take a while so hopefully Jesus can make a return soon. We seem very fragile with injuries at the moment. Anyone else a little nervous seeing Kev coming back today ?

Reactions: CC1
The reality is that Aguero is spent. He is not even 50% the player of just 2 years ago. Time and ageing can catch up suddenly and frankly, other than holding the ball up, he offers very little now. Given a chance he will still finish better than Sterling but he has neither the speed nor mobility to find those chances.

There is nothing worse or more frustrating than to watch an icon wither on the vine, but this is the reality of what has happened here. Coupled with the demise of Fernandinho, we really are witnessing the final knockings of a once great team. It was a truly unique decade, but if we are being realistic we must also concede that we are now entering a phase of relative mediocrity, and that any future winning team will require time to evolve and without the correct quality, leadership and management it may never arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.