Injuries whilst celebrating a goal!

Not City related but Tony Adams lifting up then dropping Steve Morrow after his league cup winning goal for the arse in 93(?). Captain Adams went up to lift the cup while Steve was stretchered off with a broken arm..
I'm surprised players injuring each other whilst celebrating a goal doesn't happen more often.
Many times you see a player stood in front of the jubilant fans when a huge lump of a centre half or forward jumps from behind and onto their back. You would think coaches / medical staff would be drilling it onto players to avoid that

When we equalised at Millwall in div 2 twisted my ankle or so i thought.Went to the hospital when it did not stop hurting a month or so later,turns out i had ruptured my ligaments.All Badbuys fault.

Against QPR in 2012, I was gutted with a couple of minutes to play because we were 2-1 down. I decided to go into the garden and do some gardening, and cut my thumb badly. Whilst putting steri-strips on my thumb, my wife informed me that we had equalised. “Not enough!“ I said. “Then Aguero scored in injury time”. Aaaaaaargh! The thumb was a minor thing compared to the injury to my brain

Not after a goal, but when FFS blazed over the bar in the last minute against the dippers, I took a swing at my seat, aiming for a perfect connection of left foot and plastic seat.

Like FFS, I misjudged it and instead the shin connected with the concrete pillar, resulting in a massive cut, egg shaped lump and much pain. 4 days later it also went on to result in a torn meniscus in the knee and damaged MCL. I'm still limping and having physio.

Anyone have FFS's email address so I can bill him for this?

Blackburn in the 4-1 promotion game. In the Blackburn end, got knocked backwards, head first three rows down, broken collar bone.

David Whites second goal against Liverpool in 91/92...
Was in the Kippax, fell over in the goal celebrations and some BIG lad jumped, full weight on my ankle on the steps, popping it in the process

It still goes to this day every so often after that injury

But what a goal, what a game and what an atmosphere that night was!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.