Injuries whilst celebrating a goal!

David Whites second goal against Liverpool in 91/92...
Was in the Kippax, fell over in the goal celebrations and some BIG lad jumped, full weight on my ankle on the steps, popping it in the process

It still goes to this day every so often after that injury

But what a goal, what a game and what an atmosphere that night was!

Great night mate.
Thought City were top dogs for a few days later.
Our fanbase was desperate for success and was never rewarded.
But this barmy late summer night made us puff our chests out.

Great night mate.
Thought City were top dogs for a few days later.
Our fanbase was desperate for success and was never rewarded.
But this barmy late summer night made us puff our chests out.
It was a really warm night wasn’t it… thought we were on the cusp of greatness leaving that game… oh how wrong could we be…

Not City related but Tony Adams lifting up then dropping Steve Morrow after his league cup winning goal for the arse in 93(?). Captain Adams went up to lift the cup while Steve was stretchered off with a broken arm..
Think Morrow had to retire as a result of that injury and never played again.

Not a direct goal celebration, but after the last game of the season, I think we were at home to Cambridge and won 5 0 ish, got on the Kippax fence for pitch invasion at the end of the game, pissed up, fell off and broke my wrist of my writing hand. Had accountancy exams the following week which I had to cancel and wait another 6 months to take (and still fail lol)

At the Charlton 5-1 game, was stood in the Kippax in a quiet part(took my sister) just below the 52 Charlton fans if I remember correctly,(who came on a coach),when we scored I somehow cracked my knee on the metal crush barrier, very painful at the time.

Twisted ankle running back down the steps in the family stand when Sterling's goal was disallowed against Spurs in champs league

David Whites second goal against Liverpool in 91/92...
Was in the Kippax, fell over in the goal celebrations and some BIG lad jumped, full weight on my ankle on the steps, popping it in the process

It still goes to this day every so often after that injury

But what a goal, what a game and what an atmosphere that night was!

I was there, as you say the atmosphere was unbelievable. A memorable game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.