Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would have told me weeks a

If you would have told me weeks ago thank fuck we have Ake to come in I would have been very worried.

But now after his recent performances I would relax and say correct thank fuck we have Ake
I read just last week some journalist saying, "has there even been such a run of successful transfers as we've seen at Liverpool?" and went on to say that even 50-60% hits is a good run.

If you look at City's since Pep arrived - that first Summer had Nolito and Bravo, but since then it's been almost 100% successful.

Has a single player left because they've failed? Danilo came as back up and left for a profit when he wanted more game time. Sane and Torres wanted to leave and both were sold for profit. All three could have stayed. Mendy is the nearest to a failure, and he had two season ending injuries in his first two years.

Ake is the nearest thing to a failure in six seasons, and he suffered with injury and only playing in the more makeshift teams, but he's looked a lot better since he's been dropped into the main team. He still may move on I guess, but he's probably looking at 1500-2000 minutes a season if he stays, and potentially a few really big games.

Last edited:
You’d think liverpool would at least get some too. Always seem to be able to field the same 11 each game
They were able to make 7 changes for Benfica, so things are changing there.

We do spread things around more, so apart from a few exceptions (Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo), most of our players have played 4-5 games less than their Liverpool equivalents.

The problem now, is that Atletico/Real compared with Benfica/Villareal is likely to give them a lot more rest at the most important stage of the season.

On a positive note Bernie and Gundogan will fill in in Kevs absence and usually raise their game if thats even possible. Walker a big loss, he was excellent against Dippers

No real opportunities to rest and rotate players but we have mamaged to over the season so far. Liverpool could rotate last night but when you look at their key players they have still played a hell of a lot more than ours have so it shouldn't make too much difference.

Momentum is key now. The whole squad knows what is required of them and it is the business end of the season. The time where Pep builds them to peak. We are playing well again and last night didn't exert too much energy. An FA Cup semi is going to lift the energy levels anyway. As will the games against Real. The league games will all be tough but we have managed before with players missing.

I read just last week some journalist saying, "has there even been such a run of successful transfers as we've seen at Liverpool?" and went on to say that even 50-60% hits is a good run.

If you look at City's - that first Summer had Nolito and Bravo, but since then it's been almost 100% successful.

Has a single player left because they've failed? Danilo came as back up and left for a profit when he wanted more game time. Sane and Torres wanted to leave and both were sold for profit. All three could have stayed. Mendy is the nearest to a failure, and he had two season ending injuries in his first two years.

Ake is the nearest thing to a failure in six seasons, and he suffered with injury and only playing in the more makeshift teams, but he's looked a lot better since he's been dropped into the main team. He still may move on I guess, but he's probably looking at 1500-2000 minutes a season if he stays, and potentially a few really big games.
Mangala

Walker will be a huge loss but not at all worried in the sense that we have Cancelo, Stones as RB cover. If we are light, and those 2 are needed at LB and CB respectively we have EDS who are more than capable. Think it was Mbete or Wilson Esbrand who came in last Autumn possibly Carabao cup and looked excellent at RB. City are well stocked with quality. The future is very bright. Up the blues. 3-1 win on Saturday at City's 2nd home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.