Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - I thought it was clear from the "first Summer had Nolito and Bravo", and the "six seasons" that I was talking about under Pep, but realise I didn't actually say that.

Clearly we have a huge list of poor transfers before that date, which makes it more remarkable. Obviously recruitment could have improved, but I'd suggest Guardiola can make good players work for him.

Willing to lay good money KDB is nothing more than a bruise and a bit of fatigue. If he doesn't play Saturday it will be for the later.

Walker's will be ankle ligament based and again if swelling subsides and painkillers are consumed a plenty then he could be back surprisingly quickly. The only issue is that once stretched, ligaments can become weak if repetitively stretch thereafter and become a chronic issue and for that he will get the recovery he needs.

As others have mentioned others can step in and Ake has never let anyone down. I'd also like to see City throwing a curveball v Liverpool by perhaps starting with a Delap and Jesus front 2 and that would tie up at least 3 of their back 4.

I read just last week some journalist saying, "has there even been such a run of successful transfers as we've seen at Liverpool?" and went on to say that even 50-60% hits is a good run.

If you look at City's - that first Summer had Nolito and Bravo, but since then it's been almost 100% successful.

Has a single player left because they've failed? Danilo came as back up and left for a profit when he wanted more game time. Sane and Torres wanted to leave and both were sold for profit. All three could have stayed. Mendy is the nearest to a failure, and he had two season ending injuries in his first two years.

Ake is the nearest thing to a failure in six seasons, and he suffered with injury and only playing in the more makeshift teams, but he's looked a lot better since he's been dropped into the main team. He still may move on I guess, but he's probably looking at 1500-2000 minutes a season if he stays, and potentially a few really big games.
Boateng

At least he isn’t on crutches

Think those things are usually given out to players as a precaution more than anything. Probably won’t get it scanned until the swelling has gone down so hopefully by weekend we will know full extent of his injury.

As there is so little time until the end of the season I wouldn’t be surprised if he rested it until Madrid game and then played with injections and gets any issue sorted in the summer. He will want to play no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.