Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rags can't get themselves up for this one they truly are on the beach.
Running in behind that Liverpool defence is what they should be aiming to do. To that end, he should be picking Rashford and Sancho whilst having pretty boy on then bench, at best. I suspect none of those things will happen, they’ll try to play possession football and will get beat 3 or 4.

Yes. What other team achieved 97 points and then 99 points in consecutive seasons.

If it wasn't for us being better we'd be in danger of another Liverpool dynasty until Klopp leaves.
I thought being succesful was about winning trophies and not how many points you had to finish second. Then again that's just me.

By that logic, you must think the rags are THE best team in the history of the PL and this current City team are the joint second best with Chelsea, which is a bit odd.
Since the inception of the PL United & Arsenal have been better than Liverpool. When it comes to PL titles Liverpool are on par with Blackburn and Leicester. If that makes them the second best team ever in the PL then knock yourself out.

Good point. They have united on Tuesday. And as shit as they are, could be a tough game
Liverpool earned themselves the possibility if resting their first team in mid week by winning 1-3. We didnt and are now suffering…..regardless of the injuries Guardiola would have played a second string in the cup just like he did last year against chelsea

I wouldn’t have expected de bruyne to play anyway. you’ll see Zinchenko, Ake, Ferna, Jesus, Grealish, Steffen, Sterling all come in

Brighton is arguably more important and certainly for Pep

Klopp’s tactics will continue to be ‘kick and rush’. They’re good at what they do but they are basically a reincarnation of Wimbledon.

Not a patch on God’s own club when it comes to footballing ability.
The Wimbledon comparison is an exaggeration, but the overall style is similar:

Long ball from the back to 3 runners in the box.
Long ball from wide left or right, anywhere in the opponent's half, to 3 runners in the box.

The thinking is always to get the ball in the box as quickly as possible and is very efficient and can be effective.

The thing is I have never heard any commentator or pundit say how basic Liverpool's playing style is.

The Wimbledon comparison is an exaggeration, but the overall style is similar:

Long ball from the back to 3 runners in the box.
Long ball from wide left or right, anywhere in the opponent's half, to 3 runners in the box.

The thinking is always to get the ball in the box as quickly as possible and is very efficient and can be effective.

The thing is I have never heard any commentator or pundit say how basic Liverpool's playing style is.

The dink they do in between the full back and centre half is a nightmare to defend against. You are looking at the flight of the ball and then guessing which way the man is going to go. They seem to create pinball machine football round the box and always moving it.

I don’t like them as much as anyone but a reincarnation of Wimbledon. Really? I think they’re clearly the second best team in the history of the PL and their great misfortune is to be playing in the same era as we are. They’re Andy Murray, whilst we are Roger Federer.
Absolutely perfect analogy.
The dippers are far better than the rags or Chelsea in the premier league era due to the amount of points picked up in successive seasons. We clearly are Federer to them being Murray.
The rags are Tim Henman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.