Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was given a pain killing injection to make the final.
He looked way out of sorts Sunday night. Shouldn't of been playing at all.

These internationals are an absolute farce absolutely nobody gives a fuck about them and genuinely don't think any fan would be bothered if they ever got done away with completely.
City needs to stop being soft and start pulling players out when required.

Bad news about Torres and a real blow to the player as he was starting to show a bit of form. Leaves us a bit short, but time for Pep to rotate and utilise the quality we have in the squad. These internationals do my nut in and it always seem to be case that we pick up these injuries to our players

City needs to stop being soft and start pulling players out when required.
Players clearly want to play these matches. If you don't keep your players happy, they will leave. It is that simple. Vinny left Hamburg over them trying to stop him playing for Belgium.

I do understand the annoyance on the last few pages. I don't particularly enjoy the international matches either. But for the players it is extremely important and I think that should be respected, seeing as they are the ones who actually provide the entertainment and trophies.

Wouldn't be an international break if one of our players didn't come back with a significant injury. Sounds similar to Foden's injury and he was out for 2 months.

Players clearly want to play these matches. If you don't keep your players happy, they will leave. It is that simple. Vinny left Hamburg over them trying to stop him playing for Belgium.

I do understand the annoyance on the last few pages. I don't particularly enjoy the international matches either. But for the players it is extremely important and I think that should be respected, seeing as they are the ones who actually provide the entertainment and trophies.
Absolutely spot on. Kevin playing for Belgium or Gerry Crainey being fit at home. Tough choice eh?

didnt see this when I made a similar thread about him.
really bad luck as this was the moment when he couldve gotten some playing time considering he wasnt used against chelsea, psg and liverpool. really unfortunate

I’d never want us to become the rags and start pulling players out of internationals because we thing we’re too big. That being said there is far, far, FAR too much international football.

Just read more into this, as I couldn't give a flying duck about international football I didn't realize the implications.

He was injured during a Spain game and taken off as a precaution, yet deemed fit to start their next game a few days later, where he yet again is forced off injured.

Now, I don't know if the two are related injuries but it seems likely from what I read. Somebody within that Spain camp has seriously neglected their duty if care to their player.

I'm pretty sure the clubs are stitched up good and proper by the uefa regulations, but we should be causing the biggest stink about this. Not because it's us or Torres, or spain, or because it may cost us ponts, but because the sheer lack of common sense and possibly morality here, putting a player's safety and possibly career behind winning a game of football, is just scandalous.

Just read more into this, as I couldn't give a flying duck about international football I didn't realize the implications.

He was injured during a Spain game and taken off as a precaution, yet deemed fit to start their next game a few days later, where he yet again is forced off injured.

Now, I don't know if the two are related injuries but it seems likely from what I read. Somebody within that Spain camp has seriously neglected their duty if care to their player.

I'm pretty sure the clubs are stitched up good and proper by the uefa regulations, but we should be causing the biggest stink about this. Not because it's us or Torres, or spain, or because it may cost us ponts, but because the sheer lack of common sense and possibly morality here, putting a player's safety and possibly career behind winning a game of football, is just scandalous.
Yeah it’s ridiculous. I was watching the Spain game - think he actually got injured in the first half. Showed him in the tunnel flexing his ankle when coming out for half time. Then Jorginho put a tackle in on him.
Asked to be subbed off. Didn’t do any more training, then played the final 2/3 days later. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.