Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a funny conversation on here months back after the Wolves game to be exact. A poster tried to say "It was Laporte own fault that he got injured he tackled wrong". Classic :)
Whats the issue with that? In football and rugby, if you have poor technique when tackling you will get hurt

Let’s hope our defence isn’t in that position again or at least we do everything we can to prevent it.

Players often play with injuries but not as bad as the Laporte situation where you potentially injure the player more to the extent he is out for weeks or even months.

Thats a sheer numbers issue and one we might be risking again as things stand.

Think the team did not get enough credit for winning the league last season as it seemed every week for the last few months we had a patched defence each week with who can play this week.
Remember the press having a national mourning every week when Dippers lost VVD and a few other injuries which led them to panic buying championship players, it was mentioned in every game they played

Whats the issue with that? In football and rugby, if you have poor technique when tackling you will get hurt
That Laporte tackle was a brilliant challenge, It was unfortunate what happened with Jimenez putting all his weight on Laporte knee after the ball was won. No way was Laporte to blame for doing his knee in that particular challenge!

I'm pretty sure Ake was also playing with an injury. He went off injured in one game (Leeds?), and looked in pain quite a few times when he did play. I think it was mentioned at some point by Pep - I vaguely remember him describing having something like two and a half defenders, and I think Ake was the half as he wasn't really able to play.
He twisted his ankle towards the end of the season , they must have thought if he played too much his ligaments would go completely , eric was seen as less of an injury at the time , i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.