Inners & Outers!A MUST read. City at Dec 14th 06 07 08 09

Blue Mooner said:
Its not worth the paper its written on 17 games vs Hughes 15 games - a distinctly tougher league this year and we scraped a number of wins under Sven 1-0 plus there is no doubt that every team we've come up against this season has treated the game like a cup final - they're all out to prove something and probably chasing the big fat pay cheques on offer if you get signed by MCFC.

Why not choose Svens last 15 games and do a comparison of that vs Hughes know - that way we can see how the sh*t he inherited has been turned round.

Mind you I guess that depends what slant you want to put on things eh ?

Look 2 posts above your mate. A 15 game comparison is made.

skybluekings said:
M18CTID said:
I think it simply shows what we already knew - that we had an indifferent first few months under Pearce in 2006-2007, that we had a fantastic first few months under Sven in 2007-2008, that we had a poor first few months under Hughes in 2008-2009, and that we've had a solid first few months under Hughes this season.

As great as the start was under Sven, the OP is including 2 more league games in his stats compared to this season so it's somewhat distorted.

Bolton at home is the last on the list and was played on Dec 15th, but you are right that it is 2 games more than we have played this season (3pts from those 2 games extra games under Sven).

wtf? how can you compare the score after 17 games with the score after 15 games regardless of the date? we could get anything from 0 to 6 points from those 2 extra games. If we get the 6 then that's 32 and only one point behind sven's start.

skybluekings said:
The point is that after 15 games Hughes is almost on par with Sven.

15 games and 30 points for Sven

15 games and 26 points for Hughes.

We can't use the Sven was better argument based the above.

We could say Sven was 4 points better lol !!

goatfood said:
skybluekings said:
Bolton at home is the last on the list and was played on Dec 15th, but you are right that it is 2 games more than we have played this season (3pts from those 2 games extra games under Sven).

wtf? how can you compare the score after 17 games with the score after 15 games regardless of the date? we could get anything from 0 to 6 points from those 2 extra games. If we get the 6 then that's 32 and only one point behind sven's start.

LOL. I think people just post and not read the thread.

Page 3 has a 15 games comparison and support of Hughes.

Okay Svens last 15 games 07/08 14 points

Hughes First 15 games 09/10 26 points

Wow what an improvement on Svens late tenure! Nearly double the points tally !!

Lies damn lies and statistics.

I'll go off what I see on the pitch thanks very much and that is a massive improvement !

skybluekings said:
goatfood said:

LOL. I think people just post and not read the thread.

Page 3 has a 15 games comparison and support of Hughes.

People are reading the thread but more posts are being made in the time it takes to write. It doesn't make the point any less valid.

Blue Mooner said:
Okay Svens last 15 games 07/08 14 points

Hughes First 15 games 09/10 26 points

Wow what an improvement on Svens late tenure! Nearly double the points tally !!

I'll go off what I see on the pitch thanks very much and that is a massive improvement !

With 200 Million spent i should very much hope so?........hmmmmm

Well for me, looking at the stats of 15 games for Sven and Hughes, I don't feel that bad anymore about Hughes.

15 games 30 pts Sven
15 games 26 pts Hughes

I can now look at things differently because of the season comparison and have more confidence that the 2nd half of our season will be stronger than it was under Sven because we have a stronger team.

Most Hughes Outers use the Sven vs Hughes debate and the stats I put up actually puts things into a better perspective and shows that Hughes is doing a good job.

And this is coming from a Hughes Outer.

skybluekings said:
Well for me, looking at the stats of 15 games for Sven and Hughes, I don't feel that bad anymore about Hughes.

15 games 30 pts Sven
15 games 26 pts Hughes

I can now look at things differently because of the season comparison and have more confidence that the 2nd half of our season will be stronger than it was under Sven because we have a stronger team.

Most Hughes Outers use the Sven vs Hughes debate and the stats I put up actually puts things into a better perspective and shows that Hughes is doing a good job.

And this is coming from a Hughes Outer.

Now look at the resources and money spent since and to be honest i'd be very worried if there wasn't an improvement wouldn't you?

Blue Mooner said:

snap
unfortunately if errors in the analysis or lack thereof of what can be seen as cold hard figures to some are not pointed out we end up with 'x x'(insert name of manager/player/backroom staff here) is s**t and confidence and optimism spirals down into a sea of woe is me which we then take to the game and .... you know the rest.
I'm just getting a little fed up with the downers because of this isolated event or that isolated event or this fact or that number when what I can clearly see with my own eyes is improvement in each different set of circumstances we have come up against.
I may have to adjust my thinking if we go on a losing streak, don't pick up any points between now and easter and find ourselves in the bottom half of the table come may, but right now like you I see improvement in both individual performances and team spirit, some weeks more than others but it's definitely there.
:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.