Inners & Outers!A MUST read. City at Dec 14th 06 07 08 09

Not sure you can read too much into that. See what happens over the second half of the season and if we're still below Svens points tally then rebuild B of the Bang so we can shove Hughes onto one of the spikes at the top.

One thing I did find interesting though, most of us would accept that we were fairly rubbish in the last half of Sven's reign. I did a check of points gained over 9 match periods.

First 9 matches - 19 points
Second 9 matches - 15
Third 9 matches - 10
Fourth 9 matches - 11
Last 2 matches - 0

Interesting when you consider that we've got 11 from our last 9, and plenty are saying that we have no right to be disappointed with that.

BingoBango said:
There's not a lot to make of it, as there are a couple of major problems with the analysis.

Okay, there are a couple serious problems with this analysis.

- In the 2007 figures, more games were played up to 14 December than any of the other years. Without making adjustments and weightings for this, such a bald comparison is basically pointless.

- You've given points for Sven's cup games

And the more serious problem with the analysis is that there isn't one!! ;-)
It is simply a couple of lists of numbers!!! and the most important thing...the thing that may or may not get us into europe next season...league position..is missing completely.

Go on OP analyse those figures and draw a conclusion from your analysis. ;-)

I think it simply shows what we already knew - that we had an indifferent first few months under Pearce in 2006-2007, that we had a fantastic first few months under Sven in 2007-2008, that we had a poor first few months under Hughes in 2008-2009, and that we've had a solid first few months under Hughes this season.

As great as the start was under Sven, the OP is including 2 more league games in his stats compared to this season so it's somewhat distorted.

M18CTID said:
I think it simply shows what we already knew - that we had an indifferent first few months under Pearce in 2006-2007, that we had a fantastic first few months under Sven in 2007-2008, that we had a poor first few months under Hughes in 2008-2009, and that we've had a solid first few months under Hughes this season.

As great as the start was under Sven, the OP is including 2 more league games in his stats compared to this season so it's somewhat distorted.

Bolton at home is the last on the list and was played on Dec 15th, but you are right that it is 2 games more than we have played this season (3pts from those 2 games extra games under Sven).

The point is that after 15 games Hughes is almost on par with Sven.

15 games and 30 points for Sven

15 games and 26 points for Hughes.

We can't use the Sven was better argument based the above.

skybluekings said:
Manager Hughes
TOTAL POINTS TO DEC 14TH 2009 = 26 PTS

WIN - BLACKBURN AWAY
WIN - WOLVES HOME
WIN - PORTSMOUTH AWAY
WIN - ARSENAL HOME
LOSS - UTD AWAY
WIN - WEST HAM HOME
DRAW - ASTON VILLA AWAY
DRAW - WIGAN AWAY
DRAW - FULHAM HOME
DRAW - BIRMINGHAM AWAY
DRAW - BURNLEY HOME
DRAW - LIVERPOOL AWAY
DRAW - HULL HOME

WIN - CHELSEA HOME
DRAW - BOLTON AWAY

--------------------

Make of it what you will but it makes interesting reading.
Nice.

Its not worth the paper its written on 17 games vs Hughes 15 games - a distinctly tougher league this year and we scraped a number of wins under Sven 1-0 plus there is no doubt that every team we've come up against this season has treated the game like a cup final - they're all out to prove something and probably chasing the big fat pay cheques on offer if you get signed by MCFC.

Why not choose Svens last 15 games and do a comparison of that vs Hughes know - that way we can see how the sh*t he inherited has been turned round.

Mind you I guess that depends what slant you want to put on things eh ?

moomba said:
Not sure you can read too much into that. See what happens over the second half of the season and if we're still below Svens points tally then rebuild B of the Bang so we can shove Hughes onto one of the spikes at the top.

One thing I did find interesting though, most of us would accept that we were fairly rubbish in the last half of Sven's reign. I did a check of points gained over 9 match periods.

First 9 matches - 19 points
Second 9 matches - 15
Third 9 matches - 10
Fourth 9 matches - 11
Last 2 matches - 0

Interesting when you consider that we've got 11 from our last 9, and plenty are saying that we have no right to be disappointed with that.

I don't think anyone's saying that - if you want to break it down into tranches of 9 matches just to suit your argument that's up to you. 11 points from a single tranche of 9 matches in any particular season isn't a total disaster providing we can get back to the kind of points haul of the first 9 games. However, if we are to repeat that over the next 9 matches then it is a hell of a worry. 21 points from the last 20 matches of Sven's reign was disappointing given the start we had. And before anyone accuses me of Sven-bashing I'm not. There were mitigating circumstances that contributed towards the slump we had in the second half of his season in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.