Inside death row

thedogsbollocks said:
sjk2008 said:
I'm someone who's strongly against CP and I also felt a little for that young lad who committed those murders at just 13.

However, to all those who are saying he should be let out, as he was "only a kid", do you adopt that same stance with the two scumbags that murdered Jamie Bulger, when they were as young as 10?
Do you think a child is as criminally responsible as an adult ?

Answering a question by asking a question, eh?

without a dream said:
TCIB said:
Leyth Blue said:
Not at all, I just do not believe that anyone has the right to take another human's life that doesn't want to die. Lock them up and throw away the key by all means - I just think that we should be a little better than "an eye for an eye!"

Your willing to pay for the incarceration fee i assume ?

On the WUM? Studies have showed having a proper death penalty with provisions for appeal, checks and balances etc. is more expensive than incarceration alone.
Well just have the death penalty without right to appeal, same day execution and use stones

Cheap as fuck

Leyth Blue said:
Niall2407 said:
Leyth Blue said:
And then kill the person who takes the killer's life etc. etc. until there is only one person left on the planet?
So are you saying we should let him out? I don't know how people can feel compassionate towards him after killing 2 people for $5, and at the age of 13. Maybe it's the fact he seemed quite smart but it is still fucked up

Also, killing someone who is on death row is different to say me or you killing an innocent person on purpose which is what it sounds like he did

Not at all, I just do not believe that anyone has the right to take another human's life that doesn't want to die. Lock them up and throw away the key by all means - I just think that we should be a little better than "an eye for an eye!"

Sorry that's what I meant by taking his life away, not killing him but keeping him locked up for the rest of his days.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
without a dream said:
TCIB said:
Your willing to pay for the incarceration fee i assume ?

On the WUM? Studies have showed having a proper death penalty with provisions for appeal, checks and balances etc. is more expensive than incarceration alone.
Well just have the death penalty without right to appeal, same day execution and use stones

Cheap as fuck

lets go to the stoning... any women in here today ?

mekonmcfc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
without a dream said:

Cheap as fuck

I'm sorry - I thought we'd started...

mekonmcfc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
without a dream said:

Cheap as fuck

What have they got to do with it

In fact stones are stupid

We will do bouldering

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
mekonmcfc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Cheap as fuck

I'm sorry - I thought we'd started...

tumblr_lehj3nq6uS1qzheyt.gif

sjk2008 said:
thedogsbollocks said:
sjk2008 said:
I'm someone who's strongly against CP and I also felt a little for that young lad who committed those murders at just 13.

However, to all those who are saying he should be let out, as he was "only a kid", do you adopt that same stance with the two scumbags that murdered Jamie Bulger, when they were as young as 10?

It isn't loaded mate.

This is what it boils down to when you discuss the Bulger Murder.You either think they deserved to be treated as adults,so they should have spent the rest of their natural life's in prison.Or you think they were Children at the time and deserve another chance in society.

It is not black and white,and is a very contentious issue regardless off what a sick and appalling crime it was.

When does an individual become fully criminally responsible ?,and where do you draw the line 13,12,11,10,etc ?.

If an adult had committed that crime i would willingly have erected the scaffold and pulled the lever.

My personal opinion is that children should be punished and rehabilitated with more emphasis on rehabilitation .Adults should just be punished full stop.

thedogsbollocks said:
sjk2008 said:
thedogsbollocks said:

It isn't loaded mate.

This is what it boils down to when you discuss the Bulger Murder.You either think they deserved to be treated as adults,so they should have spent the rest of their natural life's in prison.Or you think they were Children at the time and deserve another chance in society.

It is not black and white,and is a very contentious issue regardless off what a sick and appalling crime it was.

When does an individual become fully criminally responsible ?,and where do you draw the line 13,12,11,10,etc ?.

If an adult had committed that crime i would willingly have erected the scaffold and pulled the lever.

My personal opinion is that children should be punished and rehabilitated with more emphasis on rehabilitation .Adults should just be punished full stop.
are you a scaffolder by trade ? as dont think it would be so easy

and yes i totally agree with your comments

thedogsbollocks said:
sjk2008 said:
thedogsbollocks said:

It isn't loaded mate.

That's why I'm glad I'm not the person who has such decisions to make.

My point was that regardless of who the victim was, and how they were murdered, a murder is murder. Someone has died as a result of one's actions and nobody can tell the families of one victim that they don't see such a death as "important", for want of a better word, than another death and that one warrants the death penalty over the other. That's why I asked the question of whether the same people saying the young American lad should be let out because he was only a kid would have said the same thing a couple of years ago about Jamie Bulger's murderers, who were also kids.

You try telling the parents that the person who savagely killed thier child wont get the death penalty or wont be behind bars forever because he's only 14, however had that person killed their child 4 years later and they would have been, and they'd probably call you every name under the sun. Like I said, I'm glad it's not me making the decisions on what warrants what.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.