Insight About Shirt Swapping?

green pennies

Team supported
MCFC
Anyone know what becomes of all the swapped shirts footballers acquire? Besides that video piece about Micah's house where he showed a few of his favorite shirts he had framed at his house, I'm not sure I've ever heard what becomes of them.

Do they wash them?

Frame them straight away?

Hang them up somewhere?

Which footballer has the most bitchin' collection?

So many of them do it, I was just wondering...

Any insight would be appreciated.

I remember seeing an MTV Cribs edition with Jordi Cruyff. He had several wardrobes full of them, still with mud on.

I imagine you'd have to give them some kind of wash though, they'd stink otherwise.

maybe Mr cruyFF sprayed them febreze with that will keep them sweet

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.febreze.co.uk/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.febreze.co.uk/index.htm</a>

I'd imagine that Beckham has the best collection, his collection will probably be worth millions.

I think that the players tend to frame the ones they want and donate the ones they don't to charity. It'd be a bit disrespectful not to take someone's shirt if offered. They'll probably take it to be polite, then donate it.

I used to go to school with Danny Donachie, Willy's son. Danny blew our scool talks out of the water with his dad's collection of international football shirts. Willie had swapped one with Pele in a Scotland Brazil game in the 70's and Danny brought it in to show us along with about 12 others. They were casually thrown into a cardboard box, so I guess that in the case of 70's players at least, they didn't take awesomely good care of them.

They had all been washed by the way, there was no mud on them.

interesting. I forget which match it was (and I think it was more than once actually) but I remember seeing some opposing player be after Kun's jersey so bad afterward. I think the players in the prem know as well as the fans that he is gonna blow up the world soon and they wanna be able to tell people they were on the pitch with him..

You know, as opposed to swapping with players they kinda know which often happens.. I feel like Kun has admirers in the league and they want that shirt.

maybe I'm wearing rose colored glasses but that's what I'm seeing..

I used to live next door to a premier league footballer (not a major name or a city player before you ask) and he had some of the more well known ones framed and in a room in his house. He had others in a cardboard box shoved in the boot of his car!

i don't think i'd swap, because i'd always want my shirt for important matches.

what's the point in someone else's shirt? ie. in a cup final or summit, yours will mean more to you.

normal league games, dunno, again though, why would i want some other shitty shirt instead of my own lovely blue shirt?

Players always have 2 shirts, they put a fresh one on at half time, i remember Steve Hodge getting Maradona's shirt after the Eng v Arg game at Mexico 86, bet thats worth a few bob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.