Installing XP from nowt

Gazza

Hi, I recently bought a computer from work that has had its operating system completely removed (for security reasons). I have a XP disc service pack 2 that doesn't need registering, if you know what I mean, but its not a bootable disc. I've been to bootdisk.com and downloaded their XP sp2 6 floppy bootable disks, but it still don't work, what else do I need?
PS I've used the XP disc on another computer a couple of years ago but can't remember how I got it to work in the end.

The CD should be bootable, but your PC may not boot off CD without you going into the BIOS settings (often at boot up you press Delete or F2 - it should say in the blurb you get before the operating system would kick in). You need to make sure it looks to boot off floppy then CD then Hard Disk. A lot of companies disable CD and floppy booting in the BIOS to stop you getting a virus/hacking into the network.

it's nearly 3 in the mornig and I thought I'd pop in and see who's here.

Turns out there's not much going on.

Infact there's absolutely fuck all happening!

See you in the 'off topic' bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.