Insurance claims (or possibly false claims)

East Level 2

Greetings oh wise and knowledgeable forum members; I need some information about the workings of the motor insurance industry.

In August 2012 I had a bump. My car was stopped behind another at a red light and the car behind failed to stop and pushed me into the car in front.
All three drivers swapped details at the side of the road, none of the airbags detonated and nobody appeared injured. The damage to the front end of mine meant I needed a new number plate and a washer jet cover, and the back of the car I was pushed into had a couple of minor scuffs on the bumper, so hardly serious.
The back of mine and the front of the car behind suffered far more damage.
My car was fully repaired and I my excess refunded so I thought that would be the end of it. However fourteen months after the bump I'm still receiving calls suggesting I make a claim for inconvenience, stress, minor aches and pains and niggles etc. My usual response is to suggest they "fuck off and chase another ambulance" as there was nothing wrong with me.
However the latest call suggested I should make a claim because my car will be on an insurance repair database and I might lose money when I come to sell it. Does anybody know if such a database exists and if so whether it can be accessed by everyday car buyers?

I had a lot of these calls a couple of years back and the thing was I hadn't even been involved in an accident.....I was getting 3/4 a week, telling said person on the other end of the line I hadn't been in an accident etc....eventually I got one of them to stay on long enough to ask why I was getting bothered...apparently when looking on comparison sites for insurance you have to opt out by clicking a box to say you haven't been involved in an accident that wasn't your fault which I hadn't done and this was the reason I was getting bombarded....after the conversation never got another call with regards to it...obviously took me of the calling list

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.