Interesting BBC article about City's squad

Comments like this forget the number of games we may have this season...

Milner played 36 games for Aston Villa last season, scoring seven goals, but former Villa midfielder Ian Taylor believes the former Leeds and Newcastle man will have to accept he will not get as much time on the pitch in a City shirt.

Minimum 38 Premier League
Up to 17 Europa League
Up to 6 FA Cup
Up to 6 Carling Cup

Total potentially 67 games.
OK a minimum of 42 if we got knocked out first round of each cup.
If we don't get through the Europ groups and got halfway in each cup it would be 52 games.
Go all the way in the cups and we would have more than 25 weeks with 2 games so injuries likely to have a big impact.

Likely that Milner will get more than 36 games this season.

BlueDune said:
Comments like this forget the number of games we may have this season...

Milner played 36 games for Aston Villa last season, scoring seven goals, but former Villa midfielder Ian Taylor believes the former Leeds and Newcastle man will have to accept he will not get as much time on the pitch in a City shirt.

Minimum 38 Premier League
Up to 17 Europa League
Up to 6 FA Cup
Up to 6 Carling Cup

Total potentially 67 games.
OK a minimum of 42 if we got knocked out first round of each cup.
If we don't get through the Europ groups and got halfway in each cup it would be 52 games.
Go all the way in the cups and we would have more than 25 weeks with 2 games so injuries likely to have a big impact.

Likely that Milner will get more than 36 games this season.

The 36 games referenced relate to the PL

At least this article is slightly refreshing and not just making up a 38 man squad that we don't have, and how will we fit them into the 25!
Has Mancini not already said that he will play Milner in the middle.
I would guess the strongest starting xi would be.
Hart
Boateng Toure Komapny Kolarov
De Jong
Milner Toure
Tevez Silva
Ade/Balotelli
Balotelli can play anywhere across the front 3, as can Tevez.
I would guess commonly used subs squad players would be Zabaleta, Johnson, Barry. Lads like SWP, Jo, Richards, Lescott and Viera I would presume will be bit part players, but not a bad squad to select from.

_48789799_manc_teams_466.jpg

Beautiful but I think Boateng is more effective on the wings (then again I don't think I saw him play anywhere else for Germany)

I don't think there are going to be a "ton of unhappy players" like this writer insinuates. First of all, it's football, when, if ever, is the entire 22-25 first team players simultaneously fit? Just about never. Second, we've played just 2 games and we've already used 15 or 16 of them. Kolarov, Boateng, Bridge, RSC, and Milner were all already injured or unavailable.

Mancini, knows what he's doing, he's collected a lot of great players but he brought in players that know nothing is guaranteed, and what I like most about Roberto is if someone is unhappy he welcomes them to leave.

Andouble said:
I don't think there are going to be a "ton of unhappy players" like this writer insinuates. First of all, it's football, when, if ever, is the entire 22-25 first team players simultaneously fit? Just about never. Second, we've played just 2 games and we've already used 15 or 16 of them. Kolarov, Boateng, Bridge, RSC, and Milner were all already injured or unavailable.

Mancini, knows what he's doing, he's collected a lot of great players but he brought in players that know nothing is guaranteed, and what I like most about Roberto is if someone is unhappy he welcomes them to leave.

Just about the most sensible and appropriate thing anyone has said about our squad all summer!!!

Hart
Given
Taylor

Richards
Zabaleta
Boateng
Kompany
Kolo Toure
Lescott
Bridge
Kolarov

De Jong
Barry
Milner
Yaya Toure
Vieira
A. Johnson
Wright-Phillips
M. Johnson

Robinho
Silva
Tevez
Adebayor
Jo
Santa Cruz

That's 25 plus Balotelli, Ibrahim and Boyata are all under 21s. I think we're struggling to be honest. If Santa Cruz and/or Jo and/or Robinho go we're in desperate need of a striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.