Interesting comment from David Villa.

samharris

Hes just been unveiled as an Athletico Madrid player but went on to say....
" many premiership clubs were showing interest in me but Athletico took days to do what these prem clubs have taken months to do,they made me feel special"..

Are we(prem clubs) really that slow ???and is this the reason that many prem transfers fail to materialise??

Navas made similar comments about our negotiations and Ferdy hasnt stopped smiling since he was linked.

In reality,i think Villa is a homebird and simply paying his new club lipservice.

Graham Hunter said ages ago Spuds were 'very interested' but they were dragging their feet and not having champions league football worried Villa.

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Strikes me that the Spanish FA want to keep their internationals playing in Spain if they can...

well theres about 15 in the premiership

samharris said:
Hes just been unveiled as an Athletico Madrid player but went on to say....
" many premiership clubs were showing interest in me but Athletico took days to do what these prem clubs have taken months to do,they made me feel special"..

Are we(prem clubs) really that slow ???and is this the reason that many prem transfers fail to materialise??

More likely that they were desperate to replace Falcao and had the funds to do so without too much worry about the wages.

Can you really blame anyone if they had questions when a 31 year old is asking for £150k a week?

travelman said:
dragging their heals wouldn't have something to do with selling teams and agents trying to over screw the premier league team.

This is exactly where negotiations can become protracted. If a player wants to come, I just don't see why it can takes weeks and months to get it sorted. Get yer bloody finger out, Marwood!

It's a bit different buying a player when you have the resources we have. It seems every club you deal with try it on. Do any of you believe Barca would have sold Villa to us for £4.5m?

I have a feeling continental clubs look to gain more money of the premiership teams when we go for players thus makes it harder and i suppose trying to ply the player away from the likes of spain is hard all so.

Looks like cheeky and co at city want to nip this in the bud and clubs/owners/agents to stop thinking they can take the piss out of us examples are Cavani/Isco i suppose and something i agree on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.