Intermittent fasting.

I've really noticed that trying to go keto,i am so full with the fat,i have been low fat high carb for so long and always felt hungry,my stomach didn't know what the hell was going on at the start with the fat

I've mentioned it before in the keto thread that I went to Berlin for 10 days in June and came out of keto to indulge in beers, bread, potatoes, ice cream etc and it was shocking after a week how hungry I was again. Same with the missus. We were stuffing our faces like we hadn't done for ages and became really bloated and moody.

It's quite interesting learning about your gut biome and the bacteria in it and how much that effects your eating habits and general well being. Personally, I believe my gut much prefers a fatty diet. It just feels sooo much better down there. I was a huge farter from a carb diet but now I fart once or twice a day, much to my partners delight, except when we were in Berlin and we were both at it non stop, because we were having a carb fest.
And probably eating far less nowadays means less to trump out too.

I've mentioned it before in the keto thread that I went to Berlin for 10 days in June and came out of keto to indulge in beers, bread, potatoes, ice cream etc and it was shocking after a week how hungry I was again. Same with the missus. We were stuffing our faces like we hadn't done for ages and became really bloated and moody.

It's quite interesting learning about your gut biome and the bacteria in it and how much that effects your eating habits and general well being. Personally, I believe my gut much prefers a fatty diet. It just feels sooo much better down there. I was a huge farter from a carb diet but now I fart once or twice a day, much to my partners delight, except when we were in Berlin and we were both at it non stop, because we were having a carb fest.
And probably eating far less nowadays means less to trump out too.
Haha i never thought of the farting but you are right it is less

I do it, it takes a few weeks to get used to not eating for 16 hours but it's a breeze when you do. I'm thinking about a 24 hour fast once a week. It's made me come to the opinion that I always ate to much, having meals because of certain times of the day not because I actually needed food, it's madness really. Also I have to work night shifts in my job so it's a good weigh to make sure you don't pile on the pounds, if you'll pardon the pun

Dr Jason Fung - YouTube series, and his books;
The Obesity Code &
Guide to Fasting

It will LITERALLY change your life!

IF works. It works even better when you know what to eat and when.

Been doing this for just over 4 months now in addition to the gym and cycling. Tough when you get started but piece of piss when you get used to it. Only obstacles are those late night social drinking sessions that normally end in a late night feeding frenzy can fuck up next days timings. But Im always of the thinking of why beat yourself up over it, just reset and carry on. Its a lifestyle choice so plenty of time to course correct.

I read there's also a 50 calorie buffer for those who cant bare to go without a cup of tea with milk (I drink black coffee no sugar and drink plenty of water - so i aim for zero calories).
Also i had 3 weeks off the gym due to injury and also going on holiday and I.F has helped (from what I can tell and deduce) keep me lean until I went back just recently. Worth a try but its not for everyone. (Future)Mrs BlueSky gave up after 1 week.

I need to do something to lose up to a stone, so I like the sound of this.
Can I just check, so you follow this 7 days a week, and eat anything/normally between 2 and 10 ?
I did try 11am to 7pm, but found I was hungry later on, so 2-10 would solve that problem

Yea mate, you can set the times to whatever suits you best. 1 -9 suits me as I go to the gym in the evenings so after a session, I just load up on carbs and protein. It does take some time to get used to but the key is to drink loads of water as it fills you up. Obviously you still eat healthy its not a pass to eat rubbish.

I probably do this without thinking about. I rarely have breakfast before 1pm and usually have my tea about 8pm.
What resulsts are we looking for?

Interesting. Can I ask why people are doing and what they have gained (weight loss, lower cholesterol etc)? I tend to eat dinner around 8/8:30 and then tend to avoid breakfast most days anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.