International Break March

Academica

With the international break fast approaching and as of yet no government exemption, there is the possibility of some players having to quarantine in an hotel for 10 days on return to uk from countries on the red list. The red list of countries currently includes Argentina, Brazil and Portugal and would require a few of our players to do the 10 day isolation. FIFA have stated that clubs can request that players stay home but Pep has said he will not ask players to not play for their country's. I think Klopp has already stated that he will not allow liverpool players to travel, don't know about other clubs. Our first game after the break is Leicester away so could be quite important aside from the risk of players bringing covid back by leaving the bubble. What do people think should we allow our players to travel?

With the international break fast approaching and as of yet no government exemption, there is the possibility of some players having to quarantine in an hotel for 10 days on return to uk from countries on the red list. The red list of countries currently includes Argentina, Brazil and Portugal and would require a few of our players to do the 10 day isolation. FIFA have stated that clubs can request that players stay home but Pep has said he will not ask players to not play for their country's. I think Klopp has already stated that he will not allow liverpool players to travel, don't know about other clubs. Our first game after the break is Leicester away so could be quite important aside from the risk of players bringing covid back by leaving the bubble. What do people think should we allow our players to travel?
Fair point, but a bit hypocritical of the liverpool manager if he’s allowing them to travel for Champions League games no?

Obviously I'd bin them all, even when the world's in a better place but that'snot going to happen.

I'd guess either neutral venues if the host country has issues with quarantine themselves or if the UK has issues with where games are played then players should be pulled out accordingly.

I think Pep is being diplomatic. If a player is told he will have to spend 10 days in a Travel lodge he should have the sense not to travel. Don't forget he won't be training for those 10 days so won't be match fit for a week after that.

Said that the league ain’t over yet when some think it’s a formality and this is why!? Any player who goes on International duty with covid should realise once back they should be no where near our campus till tests have been made for at least 4/5days

We know Mahrez will travel Silva too will KDB Ederson Jesus yep be surprised if they don’t!

The way cricket players have isolate go into a bubble for 2 weeks players going straight to internationals and not going in a bubble would be scandalous.

Quite simple the club pays the players. If every club requests that there players stay at the club then the fixtures might get cancelled.

At the start of this month Fifa announced that clubs were not obliged to release players for internationals in countries that require a quarantine of five or more days on return. For elite sportspeople in the UK a 10-day quarantine applies after visiting red list countries such as Portugal and all of South America.
This means City could order Bernardo Silva, João Cancelo, Rúben Dias, Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Agüero to remain at home but Guardiola said City were not currently minded to do so even though those players would then miss the game at Leicester on 3 April. “The players are going to the national team,” the manager said

Said that the league ain’t over yet when some think it’s a formality and this is why!? Any player who goes on International duty with covid should realise once back they should be no where near our campus till tests have been made for at least 4/5days

We know Mahrez will travel Silva too will KDB Ederson Jesus yep be surprised if they don’t!

The way cricket players have isolate go into a bubble for 2 weeks players going straight to internationals and not going in a bubble would be scandalous.
Regarding Mahrez, I've got family over in Algeria and everyone is leading their lives normally so he wouldn't be an issue. Sorry for getting the Mahrez haters hopes up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.