International growth

dublin-blue

An interesting one here. I'm in Ireland here and a father to a 5 year old (inherited blue ofc). As many father's know the role involves going to play centres, parks and other school activities.

What I've started to see now is there are as much City kits on kids now as there are Liverpool or united kits. Growing up here I was always the only one but now it's like the norm. Now i know we're only across the sea but in Ireland it was all rags and dippers for the last 20 years with the odd leeds. Now as much of the youth are wearing sky blue, probably more so than the rags at this stage.
I know this is very much antecdotal but it's refreshing to see that our on field Success and style is creating waves with the youth.

In Dubai, nearly every child has a Man City top who is interested in football at my school.

One Arsenal shirt, a lot of PSG and Juventus as they have children’s football schools out here but they all still have a Haaland or De Bruyne shirt.

I spend quite a bit of the year in South Korea (moving there permanently in April). A lot of young lads that like footy really like City. Obviously they follow Son too, so Spurs get good support too.

Often when I arrive at the airport at a busy time with plenty of flights from different places, especially other Asian countries, I always see at least a few young lads with Man City shirts in the passport queues.

An interesting one here. I'm in Ireland here and a father to a 5 year old (inherited blue ofc). As many father's know the role involves going to play centres, parks and other school activities.

What I've started to see now is there are as much City kits on kids now as there are Liverpool or united kits. Growing up here I was always the only one but now it's like the norm. Now i know we're only across the sea but in Ireland it was all rags and dippers for the last 20 years with the odd leeds. Now as much of the youth are wearing sky blue, probably more so than the rags at this stage.
I know this is very much antecdotal but it's refreshing to see that our on field Success and style is creating waves with the youth.
there are probably more reds than you're seeing. most likely a lot are too embarrassed to wear the kit ;)

Good to hear - still not seeing much change around here - Suffolk/Ipswich - mostly Arsenal, bit of scouse, scum and Ipswich, of course. City are still few and far between here.

I’m in America and obviously football isn’t quite as big here as elsewhere in the world. I asked my 9 yo and his friends (all football lovers) who were the biggest clubs in the world - City, Real, Barca, Bayern and Liverpool. He has some friends that like Ac Milan so that also came up. He said these are the clubs “everyone knows.” Liverpool also gets a little bump in my area due to the Fenway Sports Group. My son said no one thinks United is a big club. Among adults, you still see lots of Liverpool and United - primarily people from Ireland or with family there. Spurs is also popular.

Haaland is by far the most popular jersey in my town. Still lots of various Messi and Ronaldo jerseys.

Of the 9 yos, most can name 6-7 City players which is more than they could name of any other team. Last years WC brought even more visibility to City as many of their players played big roles. Alvarez, Grealish, de Bruyne, are the most popular besides Haaland.

Of course our success will attract support, also our colours are much more pleasing to the eye and not forgetting…. The colours of Dublin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.