International Matches | 6th - 15th October 2021 | South American qualifiers early hours of Friday (BST)

It's been noticeable that all the stories we got when he first came through about how humble and down to earth, old head on young shoulders etc. have pretty much dried up.

But I suppose earning a few hundred million by the time you're 23 will do that.

Playing and 'learning' alongside Neymar probably wouldn't have helped either.

They dont seem to have got the memo in Spain. Livid here, from the sportspapers to the bars. Offside,,,,offside.
I will no doubt get some stick in the bar tomorrow, I am always saying how shite our referees are in England, though no fault of Taylor in that game. As I have said for a few years he is our best,And EUFA must agree.
Would have been amusing if our star VAR expert Mason was on duty last night.

You gotta ask which clowns are deciding these laws and who exactly in this instance and others decides/thinks that Mbappe is not interfering with play. They should be sacked immediately for gross incompetence... Sums them all up
You gotta ask about the cunts who put these clowns in these positions, designing laws which are killing the very soul of the game we love. Both questions are rhetorical, of course. UEFA and FIFA bureaucrats don't give a fuck about justice -or football in general...

For decades millions of fans, me included (and I was pretty vocal about it) believed that the introduction of technology could and should be used so as to improve the process of officiating the game. The pace of which had increased tremendously, refs and linesmen were bound to make mistakes, and serious ones, it was beyond their will, however good they were (obviously I'm talking about honest officials, not the corrupted ones, for the latter you need other kind of measures). A knock out match in the WC was decided by ... "the hand of God", well they did have replays even then, why not use them and help the ref (giving him the benefit of the doubt here) correct his decision? You only needed to introduce a certain procedure, right? Thousands of matches have been decided by wrong calls through the years, nobody gave a fuck...

The offside call, in particular, has been a lost battle long time now, and again, I'm telling you it has been an inevitable development, linesmen are not supermen, they're human. And now that you have indeed introduced technology, you witness and accept ... this, a Nations League final decided by a goal 100% illegal. But the worst part is that you have managed to turn millions of fans against VAR, against using this instrument, how the fuck could this ever be possible? I cannot find words to describe such a defeat...

It's not even a debate, technology is a fine tool able to enhance the integrity of the game, no doubt about it, but they don't want that, do they? Why? Simply because the objective has never been justice, my friend. Never. It has always been (still is) about manipulation of decisions. Without VAR then, with VAR now. They want the "grey areas", it's about control and power. Enabling them to justify every decision they wish to make...

PS. E. Garcia doesn't get much love in here. Perfectly fine with me, I mean I've read stuff (still do) in this forum way more surprising than this, stuff I would have never expected to be written by people calling themselves City fans. Anyway. You can criticize him for anything you want -and it's beyond the purpose of this post to comment on his ability, it's irrelevant. But for those actually blaming him for his reaction in that play last night, I wonder if they have ever kicked a ball in their lives, even as children...

You gotta ask about the cunts who put these clowns in these positions, designing laws which are killing the very soul of the game we love. Both questions are rhetorical, of course. UEFA and FIFA bureaucrats don't give a fuck about justice -or football in general...

For decades millions of fans, me included (and I was pretty vocal about it) believed that the introduction of technology could and should be used so as to improve the process of officiating the game. The pace of which had increased tremendously, refs and linesmen were bound to make mistakes, and serious ones, it was beyond their will, however good they were (obviously I'm talking about honest officials, not the corrupted ones, for the latter you need other kind of measures). A knock out match in the WC was decided by ... "the hand of God", well they did have replays even then, why not use them and help the ref (giving him the benefit of the doubt here) correct his decision? You only needed to introduce a certain procedure, right? Thousands of matches have been decided by wrong calls through the years, nobody gave a fuck...

The offside call, in particular, has been a lost battle long time now, and again, I'm telling you it has been an inevitable development, linesmen are not supermen, they're human. And now that you have indeed introduced technology, you witness and accept ... this, a Nations League final decided by a goal 100% illegal. But the worst part is that you have managed to turn millions of fans against VAR, against using this instrument, how the fuck could this ever be possible? I cannot find words to describe such a defeat...

It's not even a debate, technology is a fine tool able to enhance the integrity of the game, no doubt about it, but they don't want that, do they? Why? Simply because the objective has never been justice, my friend. Never. It has always been (still is) about manipulation of decisions. Without VAR then, with VAR now. They want the "grey areas", it's about control and power. Enabling them to justify every decision they wish to make...

PS. E. Garcia doesn't get much love in here. Perfectly fine with me, I mean I've read stuff (still do) in this forum way more surprising than this, stuff I would have never expected to be written by people calling themselves City fans. Anyway. You can criticize him for anything you want -and it's beyond the purpose of this post to comment on his ability, it's irrelevant. But for those actually blaming him for his reaction in that play last night, I wonder if they have ever kicked a ball in their lives, even as children...

Football is corrupt/bent call it what you will. So many decisions are suspect to say the least

As for Garcia he gets no love in here because he showed none to our club or fans. Laughing at Brighton away last season when he missed a sitter sums him up. Overated too and culpable on a fair few goals.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.