International teams vs Club teams

crooky

I see Italy are actually playing a Brazilian club team as their final warm up game. I must admit I'm not terribly knowledgable about international football but this is pretty rare isn't it?

The only other matchup I can remember was Chelsea trying to arrange a game with Brazil for the centenary but I think this proposed match never happened.

Anybody else remember a similar matchup in recent times?

Remember City playing Jamaica at Maine Road in 1998, struggling to remember any others though

It's pretty common on pre-season friendlies. I'm pretty sure the rags played Thailand last summer, and Arsenal played Vietnam, I think (it was big news here, because it's the first PL club to ever come here).

England played a South African team before WC 2010 IIRC (Gold stars or something). City have played Jamaica, Thailand and the UAE in the past.
Arsenal played a couple in the 80s (France and Australia I think), Barca vs Brazil, Atletico vs Mexico and Liverpool vs Iran I seem to remember as well.

So yes, it does happen on occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.