Internationals September 5-10 Euro Qualifiers

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by George Hannah, 5 Sep 2019.

1. crazyg

crazyg

He's merely exercising his right to Confirmation Bias, as any football supporter of any club does. But he does make the point that "anyone who really understands football knows that that couldn’t be further from the truth". So, having personally watched football for over 60 years involving all types of football from City to park football, I still don't understand it, but, it appears, only you do? Just because both I and many others disagree with your argument doesn't mean that either of us are wrong-they're just our personal opinions. To call out others on their own forum in such terms is somewhat uncalled for, in my opinion.
    One final point. Wasn't Kane's last injury caused when he tried to foul Delph at WHL in the Champions league?

2. KentBlue

KentBlue

I don't know if that is aimed at myself or JimB. If me, I'm calling off our engagement and you can kindly return the ring to me and the half-deposit on that cave in the Isle of Man where were going raise our offspring. If aimed at Jim, I've worshipped you from afar, CrazyG and I want you to know that my life will always feel incomplete without you by my side.

Delete as appropriate.

3. crazyg

crazyg

It was aimed at Jim, hence my quoting his comments and his calling out others on their own, ie, our, forum.
    Having re-read it, it does sound a little ambiguous, so my apologies if I've slighted/upset you in any way.
    ;-)

4. KentBlue

KentBlue

No mate, no way. I take things with a pinch of salt. No worries.

5. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

How the f*ck did Henderson and Barkley deserve 7 out of 10?

And Rice got a 6.

WTF?

6. Magicpole

Magicpole

Team supported:
    Celtic
    He was world class.

7. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

I agree with most of this. I think Kane gets a lot of unfair stick, especially given he is still coming back from injury. Perhaps he has replaced Raheem as the whipping boy. There have been real signs these past couple of matches that Kane and Sterling are starting to build a strong relationship. I also don't think Kane gets enough credit for his passing abilities. That said I thought he was very static for Spurs against City recently and he does seem to have lost some pace. Like many players I think he would improve and flourish under a great coach like Pep. I am not sure Spurs are getting the best out of him at the moment.

JimB likes this.
  8. JimB

JimB

The comment “anyone who really understands football knows....” was specifically in response to claims by some on here that all Kane had to do to score against Bulgaria was tap the ball in. Would you really agree with such claims? Did you not see that it was Kane’s pressing that forced the initial goalkeeping error; or that Kane subsequently lost his marker, and made himself free for Sterling’s pass, with clever movement in the box? That’s the thing with ‘tap-ins’.......people often ignore or fail to appreciate everything that has happened to create the opportunity.

As to Kane’s last injury, yes, it happened when he fouled Delph. But I’d disagree that he tried to foul Delph.

9. JimB

JimB

Yes, I do.

10. JimB

JimB

Agreed with this. His all round game has definitely dropped a level or two over the past couple of injury blighted seasons. Still good for 20-30 goals a season, though - injuries allowing.