Internet Dongles

Originals

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on which ones to buy or where to look?

Also what does the 'allowance' mean?

google mobile broadband,the allowance is how much browsing you can do,no good for downloading as your allowance will vanish in no time,you then run up big penalties. T-mobile is the only one that doesnt fleece you for exceeding your limit

Originals said:
So how long would I get online with 5gb?
should do a month easily,depends also if your area has good coverage. google t-mobile,go to mobile broadband ,enter your postcode to find out what reception you can expect.do it for 3, Vodaphone, etc or visit martin lewis website for a comparison of costs,he also highlights the costs of over-running your allowance

Thanks just never understood them really. I'll be hopefully using it for uni as I don't want to end up with a shit connection shared by the whole building.

It needs saying:

1KB = 1024 bytes
1MB = 1024 KB
1GB = 1024 MB

Here's the tricky bit; they charge you for the 1000 of bytes you download. So Orange/3/O2 will charge you for the download of 1000KB, rather than 1024KB. D'yer get me?

Right..

Is this a good offer though.

Ulimated browsing all the hot spots etc.

£10 for 3 month then £15 the rest of an 18 month contract.

Speed goes upto 7.2mb my area has excellent coverage.

The halls building want like £250 for the year with speeds of 2mb.

Originals said:
Right..

Is this a good offer though.

Ulimated browsing all the hot spots etc.

£10 for 2 month then £15 the rest of an 18 month contract.

Speed goes upto 7.2mb my area has excellent coverage
you wont get it substantially cheaper,so i would think that's a goer,some deals tie you in for 24 months,.3 are offering a myfi dongle (personal hot-spot) but it looks dear to me so would leave it for the time being

So how does the dongles connect? Do they have to look for a hot spot or something? as that myfi is its own hot spot i am abit confused now.

Originals said:
So how does the dongles connect? Do they have to look for a hot spot or something? as that myfi is its own hot spot i am abit confused now.
dongles work on the phone frequencies,so thats how they can connect almost anywhere where a phone works.Myfi then retransmits on the wifi low power band it's useful to connect more than one computer to the net providing they are close to the myfi say,within the same building.dont think thats what you need though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.