Interview with Hillsborough Victims Mother

Prestwich_Blue said:
Corky said:
This almost happened again in Athens due to ticketless fans forcing their way in.
Again, this may well have happened but yet again the supporters were blamed for systemic problems higher up. That stadium should never have been allowed to stage a major final as (like Hillsborough) it was totally inadequate. Could you get into CoMS without a ticket?

There were also a lot of headlines generated after remarks by William Gaillard, the UEFA head of communications. However, none of the incidents he talked about were in the official report, which was never made public (although government officials saw it). He later admitted it was a very small minority.
That doesn't make it right but could any of us say that no City fan in the same situation wouldn't do the same?
Frederick Hill died in 1934 at the Leppings Lane end at Hillsborough during an FA cup game with Manchester City,it provoked a parliamentary enquiry.
A small world.

bluemanc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Again, this may well have happened but yet again the supporters were blamed for systemic problems higher up. That stadium should never have been allowed to stage a major final as (like Hillsborough) it was totally inadequate. Could you get into CoMS without a ticket?

There were also a lot of headlines generated after remarks by William Gaillard, the UEFA head of communications. However, none of the incidents he talked about were in the official report, which was never made public (although government officials saw it). He later admitted it was a very small minority.
That doesn't make it right but could any of us say that no City fan in the same situation wouldn't do the same?
Frederick Hill died in 1934 at the Leppings Lane end at Hillsborough during an FA cup game with Manchester City,it provoked a parliamentary enquiry.
A small world.

I mentioned that earlier. That is because too many people were let in, it was not a ticket match and in those days they let people in until they thought it was full.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
A mixture of shitty police and the shittiness of Liverpool fans caused 96 people to die. It was both their faults and they are in denial if either of them says otherwise.
I was sorely tempted to put something really offensive towards you in here but, unlike you, I don't believe in insulting fellow fans.

However I'm getting really, really fed up of these slurs on 96 dead people and their fellow fans by ignorant know-nowts. Go away and do some reading (other than the Sun and the Mail) then come back and tell us that it was the fault of the fans. Because that's not what Taylor said.

So some fans had had a bit to drink? Shock, horror!
So some turned up without tickets then walked in when the police panicked and opened an exit gate? Any of us would have done the same. But the evidence clearly showed that the numbers in the ground at that end were within its safety capacity.

The fans were not to blame for what happened but, as usual, they suffered both with their lives and the way we now watch football.

Interesting comment, as earlier in the thread you effectively called me a wanker, but no matter. I haven't read the report, and have no intnetion of doing so- I'm just too busy with my own life. But you simply cannot put ALL the blame onto the police. The fact is many fans turned up without a ticket, and tried to gain entry into the ground. Yes the police fucked up but to say the fans were not at least partly to blame is nonsense. It's not as if the scousers don't have a track record for this, do you remember the pictures of scousers scaling the walls at wembley and being helped in through windows?
They are not blameless.

paddocks at grounds should have gone years before as standing paddocks-I remeber playing stoke over christmass once when city fans went in fancy dress-a few that day were pulled up into the seating area.There was no give where we were at all-My older brother turned to me and said "I dont like this"[not like him]..

PistonBlue said:
Interesting comment, as earlier in the thread you effectively called me a wanker, but no matter. I haven't read the report, and have no intnetion of doing so- I'm just too busy with my own life. But you simply cannot put ALL the blame onto the police. The fact is many fans turned up without a ticket, and tried to gain entry into the ground.
I'm not a scouser but, alright, you are a wanker if you come out with shite like that. You say you've not read Taylor but have the nerve to tell me the "facts". The real facts are in the report; where are your "facts" from?

Taylor makes it clear there were some exacerbating factors involving fans that contributed to problems at the entrance but the fact is that it says quite clearly that the numbers without tickets were insignificant and that it would have had no impact on safety within the stadium if the police and stewards had done their jobs properly.

PistonBlue said:
Yes the police fucked up but to say the fans were not at least partly to blame is nonsense. It's not as if the scousers don't have a track record for this, do you remember the pictures of scousers scaling the walls at wembley and being helped in through windows? They are not blameless.

WTF has scousers climbing walls at Wembley got to do with Hillsborough and the systemic failures leading up to and on the day?

PistonBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I was sorely tempted to put something really offensive towards you in here but, unlike you, I don't believe in insulting fellow fans.

However I'm getting really, really fed up of these slurs on 96 dead people and their fellow fans by ignorant know-nowts. Go away and do some reading (other than the Sun and the Mail) then come back and tell us that it was the fault of the fans. Because that's not what Taylor said.

So some fans had had a bit to drink? Shock, horror!
So some turned up without tickets then walked in when the police panicked and opened an exit gate? Any of us would have done the same. But the evidence clearly showed that the numbers in the ground at that end were within its safety capacity.

The fans were not to blame for what happened but, as usual, they suffered both with their lives and the way we now watch football.

Interesting comment, as earlier in the thread you effectively called me a wanker, but no matter. I haven't read the report, and have no intnetion of doing so- I'm just too busy with my own life. But you simply cannot put ALL the blame onto the police. The fact is many fans turned up without a ticket, and tried to gain entry into the ground. Yes the police fucked up but to say the fans were not at least partly to blame is nonsense. It's not as if the scousers don't have a track record for this, do you remember the pictures of scousers scaling the walls at wembley and being helped in through windows?
They are not blameless.

By your own admission you have not read the Taylor report. What do you think of someone who gives their opinion of a match they were not at when you were? You think they are an idiot, right? They didn't see what really happened at the game and probably only saw the MOTD highlights.

I put a link up earlier to give you a full sumary of what happened on the day and the twenty years since. Here is a shortened version so that you don't have to go too far out of your way to gain some knowledge of the facts. It was called Hillsborough For Dummies in line with the 'For Dummies' books and for the same reason, it is for people who have no knowledge:

<a class="postlink" href="http://hfdinfo.com/HFDdocument1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hfdinfo.com/HFDdocument1.pdf</a>

Just remember, it could have been anyone, and unless the lessons are learned, then all matchgoing fans may be at risk (obviously a crush is unlikely in the stadium now because of all seaters, but Olymiakos, Bradford and Rangers (amongst others) have had different disasters, the lack of Emergency Response at Hillsborough cost lives. This is the bit that has never been heard in the British courts, and this is what Anne Williams is fighting for in the European Courts.

And a video version for those that prefer:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hfdinfo.com/play.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hfdinfo.com/play.php</a>

Prestwich_Blue said:
PistonBlue said:
Interesting comment, as earlier in the thread you effectively called me a wanker, but no matter. I haven't read the report, and have no intnetion of doing so- I'm just too busy with my own life. But you simply cannot put ALL the blame onto the police. The fact is many fans turned up without a ticket, and tried to gain entry into the ground.
I'm not a scouser but, alright, you are a wanker if you come out with shite like that. You say you've not read Taylor but have the nerve to tell me the "facts". The real facts are in the report; where are your "facts" from?

Taylor makes it clear there were some exacerbating factors involving fans that contributed to problems at the entrance but the fact is that it says quite clearly that the numbers without tickets were insignificant and that it would have had no impact on safety within the stadium if the police and stewards had done their jobs properly.

PistonBlue said:
Yes the police fucked up but to say the fans were not at least partly to blame is nonsense. It's not as if the scousers don't have a track record for this, do you remember the pictures of scousers scaling the walls at wembley and being helped in through windows? They are not blameless.

WTF has scousers climbing walls at Wembley got to do with Hillsborough and the systemic failures leading up to and on the day?

So actually personal abuse is something you buy into. Fuck You.

The scousers are not angels, and were partly to blame for what happened that day.

PistonBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

So actually personal abuse is something you buy into. Fuck You.

The scousers are not angels, and were partly to blame for what happened that day.

People are coming up with reasonable, well-argued and factually backed-up arguments to your shrill insistence that 'the Scousers are not angels etc', and this is all you can come up with, based apparently on nothing more than your own prejudice? Give me strength.

Andy G said:
And a video version for those that prefer:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hfdinfo.com/play.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hfdinfo.com/play.php</a>
I put a link up earlier to give you a full sumary of what happened on the day and the twenty years since. Here is a shortened version so that you don't have to go too far out of your way to gain some knowledge of the facts. It was called Hillsborough For Dummies in line with the 'For Dummies' books and for the same reason, it is for people who have no knowledge:
What knowledge of the day do you have ?????
I know people that were at both Heysel & Hillsborough & i know more about both disasters than you will ever know judging by your exceptance of what is said on your links.
So what do you or Nicola McMillan REALLY know. ?????????????
The Justice for the 96 is something i support bigtime, as my earlier posts reflect but one or 2 comments on your links from the RAWK video are not accurate & you should know that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.