Interview with Kolo

I'm With Stupid

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51979899

In July 2009, Toure left Arsenal for Manchester City for £14m. Twelve months later, he was joined by brother Yaya at Etihad Stadium. In 2012 they were both in the squad that won the Premier League title. A song created in their honour by the City fans is still sung to this day.

"I have never had the chance to say thank you to the people who do that. It touches my heart. When you come to another country and the people embrace you and like you, give you praise and even sing your name, it is unbelievable for me and my brother.

"If somebody had told me 15 years ago 'Kolo, people will be singing your name everywhere in the UK' I would have said 'are you joking?'

"I can’t compare myself to my brother. He was a better player than me, for sure. I know he loves City but because English is not our first language, sometimes we say things we don’t mean.

"He did better than me here and he is more talented. But I am more competitive than Yaya. I was a better runner and I worked hard.

"If Yaya had my work, with his talent, he would win the Ballon d’Or."

He goes on to talk about his drugs ban.

I didn't realise he was working as a coach for Brendan Rogers. If he's been organising their defence, then he's doing a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very underrated player in my opinion..

Him and his brother were the first wave of new players that laid the foundations that our club now stand on..

Signing players of their quality and standing was like Christmas Day come early back then.

We were just setting out on our journey then and it's been an epic ride up to now.

It's great to know he still has fond memories of his time with us and both of them should be extremely proud of what they helped us to achieve..

He's doing a great job at Leicester by all accounts too..!

He played well in Vinnie's testimonial but he has put on some timber - coped with it better than SWP though!

Think it was his first or certainly the first time I'd seen him play for us Inna friendly at Barnsley, he made point in warm-up of applauding us all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.