Inverted Wingers

We need to get back to the inverted full backs system , that’s when we looked the most solid in a 235 formation when we had the ball

our full backs aren’t good enough at attacking to justify playing the inverted wingers, players are drawn into the centre of the pitch which makes it easier to defend.

liverpool play a similar system with the ball, 235 , but their fullbacks can deliver quality out wide and also hit a lot of early crosses which are difficult to defend

they use their 3 CM‘s to provide solidity against the counter

We need to do a 360. Let teams come onto us. Play a stable back 4 of walker, Dias, Laporte,Ake. Instead of getting caught trying to pass through a congested area and losing the ball to give the opposition 1v1. Soak it up and hit on the counter.

Play them at their own game. Drop deep they won’t know wat to do. Once we 1 or 2 up revert back to possession. Something is needed against this type of football.

I don't think that'll happen. Teams would still sit back and they would happily take a point from us if we just sat back and did nothing.

I don't think that'll happen. Teams would still sit back and they would happily take a point from us if we just sat back and did nothing.

Maybe that will happen. Find a way to draw them out it’s the only way. System needs to change, players are good enough but we currently don’t have any plan in place.currently relying on individual talent and not the team strength. Were did pep go? Can I have the old pep back?

I shouted at the screen today when Chuckle Bruv was saying that Foden and Sterling would be better switched over as both like to cut in on to their favoured foot. It's like these idiots have forgotten when we had Sane on the left & Sterling on the right. We were devestating.
Like this? ;)

Bayern's 2:2 today

Think we look a different team without inverted wingers.

Compare the Marseille Fulham and Chelsea performances to any others apart from Burnley and its chalk and cheese.

I love inverted wingers, they give much more depth to our attacking options. Just watch that peach of a goal Raheem scored against Spurs in CL a few years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.