Inverted wingers

wattle

This is driving me mad! I see no benefit at all to this obsession of playing your winger on the opposite side to their natural foot so they can cut in and shoot. Mahrez and raheem might cut inside and score 2/3 a season each doing it but it’s costing us 20/30 goals a season in cutbacks and tap ins. Sterling is terrible on the left atm so play him or Torres on the right and Phil or Mahrez/Bernie on the left. I’m not having this Mahrez/Bernie don’t like playing on the left. Tough shit! It’d make our team far more balanced and we’d score shed loads of goals again. I really don’t get why someone as brilliant as pep can’t see this

This is driving me mad! I see no benefit at all to this obsession of playing your winger on the opposite side to their natural foot so they can cut in and shoot. Mahrez and raheem might cut inside and score 2/3 a season each doing it but it’s costing us 20/30 goals a season in cutbacks and tap ins. Sterling is terrible on the left atm so play him or Torres on the right and Phil or Mahrez/Bernie on the left. I’m not having this Mahrez/Bernie don’t like playing on the left. Tough shit! It’d make our team far more balanced and we’d score shed loads of goals again. I really don’t get why someone as brilliant as pep can’t see this

I thought we looked a lot more likely to score when Torres came on. A right winger going outside the full back, imagine that. What is making it worse is Cancelo playing left back, his first touch is to open himself up to pass it back inside. Opposition can just shuffle over and keep in shape.

As for Mahrez I would make him train only using his right foot. Every time he uses his left fine him £10k, the very best players in the world would not be taking a touch to get an opportunity with their stronger foot like he did in the first half, the shot would have been off straight away.

I thought we looked a lot more likely to score when Torres came on. A right winger going outside the full back, imagine that. What is making it worse is Cancelo playing left back, his first touch is to open himself up to pass it back inside. Opposition can just shuffle over and keep in shape.

As for Mahrez I would make him train only using his right foot. Every time he uses his left fine him £10k, the very best players in the world would not be taking a touch to get an opportunity with their stronger foot like he did in the first half, the shot would have been off straight away.
Exactly. Two inverted wide players on the same side makes it incredibly narrow and predictable.
EpEuyRMWEAoNNEA

As most team play against us use the pack defence, I fail to see how having two wingers who always turn in field into a packed defence is going to work. Naturally footed wingers on the natural wing please Pep and tell them to run at the full backs into the space behind.
But they might lose possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.