Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

Only City & Liverpool signed the non-disclosure agreement, not the media. Papers frequently publish pieces under the heading of 'as reported in...' which is their legal get-out clause.

Simon Mullock tweeted how the Liverpool legal team put pressure on them back in 2013.

That backs up my point, if Liverpool are threatening to sue then how can you expect any paper to print it when they themselves have noproof and given the NDA won't ever get it?

I'm not putting the blame on City but if you leave your car open with the keys in the ignition it's partly your fault if it gets stolen. If it's as cut and dried as two employees accessing data they shouldn't have and then 2 ex-employees accessing data they really shouldn't have then it would be an open and shut case.
A completely false equivalence. The people who left accessed the system through someone else’s account, someone else who worked there.
If you want to play silly bastards with other scenarios then; it’s like your mechanic giving a jilted ex lover a key for your car because she asked nicely for it

Makes you wonder if they are one and the same person, ;)
Dunno mate don’t like to believe I’m conspiracies!

haha ;-)

The way the passwords were acquired are key to it, in my opinion. Yes, there's a subsequent definite criminal act when they become ex employees and continue to access the system but were they fully aware of this? Non-technically minded football scouts? They may have thought it was underhand, but illegal - maybe not. When I worked in the banking sector and handled sensitive data, I underwent 50 security courses in one year and had to sign this, that and the other to show I knew my responsibilities. I'm guessing this sort of thing didn't and maybe still doesn't happen at football clubs.

It’s hard to know but I’d be amazed if City did not write to employees working in these areas of the club when they are poached by a competitor and make them fully aware that a) they need to return all property and b) to remind them of their post employment obligations in respect of intellectual property. Banks do it as a matter of course.

The way the passwords were acquired are key to it, in my opinion. Yes, there's a subsequent definite criminal act when they become ex employees and continue to access the system but were they fully aware of this? Non-technically minded football scouts? They may have thought it was underhand, but illegal - maybe not. When I worked in the banking sector and handled sensitive data, I underwent 50 security courses in one year and had to sign this, that and the other to show I knew my responsibilities. I'm guessing this sort of thing didn't and maybe still doesn't happen at football clubs.
You'd like to think a football club, where vast amounts of money is riding on transfers, marketing, sponsorship, prize money, contracts and results that they would be fairly focused on security.

No, the way the passwords were obtained is wholly irrelevant. It is the act of unauthorised access that is the criminal offence. You don't need to be an IT nerd to know that accessing information without the permission of the asset owner (in this case City) whose employment you have left, is not only morally wrong but illegal.

And that's before we know what screen warnings about unauthorised access are on the system when you login.

Reactions: nmc
Take a step back. Thats utter claptrap. If I leave my bank card in my pocket and a colleague knows I do. If they then take my card out of my pocket and use my card over 6 months to buy lunch - tapping £10 a day. Who’s to blame? Who’s stolen? Who’s committed fraud? Who’s broken the law? FFS

If he says sorry and gives you a £2000 do you think you could go and report him to the police 6 years later?

A completely false equivalence. The people who left accessed the system through someone else’s account, someone else who worked there.
If you want to play silly bastards with other scenarios then; it’s like your mechanic giving a jilted ex lover a key for your car because she asked nicely for it

Dunno mate don’t like to believe I’m conspiracies!

haha ;-)
Whatever, mate. All I am saying is if an ex employee took data from my company without permission and I could prove it, I would ensure they got a criminal record for their CV. If I had left data unsecured I might be a bit more cautious.

If he says sorry and gives you a £2000 do you think you could go and report him to the police 6 years later?

In the eyes of the law a crime will have been committed and you could take him to court. The apology might help with the sentence but offering to pay £2000 will be nothing more than an admission of guilt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.