Invisible Man song

Yes it was sang in the Forrestors in Memory of our mate who passed away a week before(he was not a City fan) .Hence the if you drink bit.Half the people in pub wernt City fans
Once the P&W branch was formed1994 we started singing it after meetings and then on coach in Ireland .I first heard it as well at Lincoln away
I was gobsmacked .as it had fu*k all today with football lol but just took of from there
There is a full chapter in my book
We Never Win At Home
We Nevet Win Away
It explains it in great detail .
Have more tapes will put on facebook soon .brings back memories as not seen tape 20 odd years
That’s a brilliant vid! Cheers for posting.

Sorry Don for jumping off topic but have to correct this (and it bumps your thread up ;)

Frank Newton did indeed take the first banana to a game and he (at the time) lived in Cleckheaton outside Bradford, West Yorks (but has since lived in Worsley since around 1989).
@Gary James and Keith Mellor wrote From Maine Men to Banana Citizens in 1989.
Yes - included brief details and a cutting in that on Frank Newton and the bananas. Cheers

A an aside, I remember being on the open terrace at Chesterfield in 1998 when the song was just starting to be adopted by blues. The lads behind me were singing "We're in Milan watching City in the Champions League" instead of "Just Like The Fans of The Invisible Man".

My memory for these things used to be extremely reliable but is becoming less so with time. However, I do recall the 'Champions League' one. I'm also fairly sure it was preceded as we battled to avoid what then seemed an almost unthinkable relegation from Division One (as was) by another version where "Just like the fans of the invisible man" was replaced by "It's just a dream, we'll wake up in the Premier League".

Sorry Don for jumping off topic but have to correct this (and it bumps your thread up ;)

Frank Newton did indeed take the first banana to a game and he (at the time) lived in Cleckheaton outside Bradford, West Yorks (but has since lived in Worsley since around 1989).
@Gary James and Keith Mellor wrote From Maine Men to Banana Citizens in 1989.
No problem any chance of putting the link to the Evening News Article

Ian Cheeseman is doing a feature about the song on his Southampton blog.should put a few of the myths to bed

Millwall away. Blues banned and those who took a chance in the home stand “weren’t really there” was what I was told a few times.

Never listen to blokes in pubs. They chat crap.

Millwall away. Blues banned and those who took a chance in the home stand “weren’t really there” was what I was told a few times.

Never listen to blokes in pubs. They chat crap.
If you get told a lie enough times you end up believing it. check the videio clip it was Jan 27th 1991a week after our mate died thus the reference to if You Drink You Will Die
If You Dont Drink You Will Die.
years before Millwall and the other myths .It was a pub song that was around Prestwich for years before the Prestwich & Whitefield branch sang it on the Ireland trip .absolutley nothing to do with football.
I gaurantee no one sang any City songs at Millwall ask Sean Riley Man City Veteran he was there shitting bricks lol
Full story in Richards Edghills book
and in We Never Win At Home
We Never Win Away
Plus google it on Wikepedia
Also on Ian Cheesemans blog tomorow.
If on face book go on Don Cath Price page

If you get told a lie enough times you end up believing it. check the videio clip it was Jan 27th 1991a week after our mate died thus the reference to if You Drink You Will Die
If You Dont Drink You Will Die.
years before Millwall and the other myths .It was a pub song that was around Prestwich for years before the Prestwich & Whitefield branch sang it on the Ireland trip .absolutley nothing to do with football.
I gaurantee no one sang any City songs at Millwall ask Sean Riley Man City Veteran he was there shitting bricks lol
Full story in Richards Edghills book
and in We Never Win At Home
We Never Win Away
Plus google it on Wikepedia
Also on Ian Cheesemans blog tomorow.
If on face book go on Don Cath Price page

Fucking hell that's told him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.