iPAD

super_city_si

Hi

Its my birthday this week and theres nothing really i want but the missus suggests an IPad (i think its her that wants it!).

I hate lugging my laptop around and like to surf the web whilst watching telly and my laptop has serious battery issues plus its like having a hot baby elephant on your knee.

Is the IPAD any good? I know it doesn't support flash but the sites i go on i dont think it really matters too much, plus if i want to sopcast or watch a footy game online i'd prefer my laptop anyway.

I'd appreciate some feedback from other users, thanks :)

I find them quite useless to be honest. It's just an iphone with a big screen that is unable to make phone calls.
Get a good smartphone and you can do what the ipad does + making phone calls. ( the screens are smaller but still viewable)

They are literally a bigger iPod Touch, an accessory for a laptop!

If your bird is flush then go for it, but there are much better things to spend £500 on, next years Season Card?

Cheers for the replies.

I kind of agree, that i dont see what the big deal is or what their point is, but i played about wiht one in a shop last night and I have to admit, it is cool as fuck. Easier to keep around the living room that a laptop. Not a bad dilemma to have i suppose. On the other hand, just give me the money!

They really are fantastic, best £430 I ever spent. Yeah the flash thing can be annoying but not the be all and end all. Battery life is brilliant, the convenience of using it is worth nit alone, rather than constantly turning you laptop on and off.

The only real complaint (and this prob won't apply to you unless you like a bet) is that you are forced to use the paddypower app rather than the actual site, which is miles better.

Godfather said:
They really are fantastic, best £430 I ever spent. Yeah the flash thing can be annoying but not the be all and end all. Battery life is brilliant, the convenience of using it is worth nit alone, rather than constantly turning you laptop on and off.

The only real complaint (and this prob won't apply to you unless you like a bet) is that you are forced to use the paddypower app rather than the actual site, which is miles better.

Cheers. it sounds like you have the same expectaion/use for it that i will. Basically surfing without having my laptop tethered to the power or burning my knees.

I have one and use it a lot for that kind of thing, some of the games are also pretty great, it's amazing how big an advantage it is that it instantly switches on and the battery lasts forever, I charge mine about once a week and use it a lot...

Plus it means I can save money on mobile phones and get a much cheaper phone, bet I've saved the cost of one already...

super_city_si said:
Godfather said:

Cheers. it sounds like you have the same expectaion/use for it that i will. Basically surfing without having my laptop tethered to the power or burning my knees.

Yeah exactly, I'm pretty much on it all the time I'm not at work, so at least 4-5 hours a day and the battery last around 4days. I just use it to browse shit basically, blue moon, ebay, facebook etc but it's just so damn easy to use and far less hassle than a flaptop.

What benefits does it have over a laptop or netbook?

If they can develop these to read disks they will be amazing, until then they are not really worth the money imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.