ipad

tidyman

I'm old and thick as far as anything like this goes so please give me some advice in nice simple everyday language.

I'm about to pick up an ipad 3 and basically want to know, how I can make the internet work on it when I get it home.

I don't currently have a computer or laptop at home.

People have spoken about dongles and sim cards which don't mean much to me, other than I know what a sim card is for a phone.

I would prefer to make a one off payment for a year or whatever if that's possible rather than enter in to a contract.

I do have an iphone with a contract with Vodaphone that seems to have unlimited internet access included in the contact

Would my best bet be contacting them and see if they can some how make my ipad have the internet with a bit of an add on to my current contract?

Thanks.

<a class="postlink" href="http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1695</a>

does this help at all?

mancityvstoke said:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1695

does this help at all?

Thank you. That appears to be saying it's free, if you just search for a wifi connection?

I'm sure it'll make more sense when I've actually got the thing and follow the instructions.

Do you have internet at home? If you do and you haven't got a router you'll need one. Or you buy an iPad with 3G get a micro sim with contract but that'll be way to expensive

I assume I don't have wifi at home.

I've asked a hundred people and still don't actually understand what wifi is exactly other than it makes the internet work.

But I've never had a computer or laptop in this house, so I assume I haven't got it.

tidyman said:
I've asked a hundred people and still don't actually understand what wifi is exactly other than it makes the internet work. But I've never had a computer or laptop in this house, so I assume I haven't got it.
Wifi internet is the internet floating around in the air, without having to plug it into your computer to make the connection. It's best to set a password, so that neighbours and parked motorists can't use your wifi.

another generation said:
tidyman said:
I've asked a hundred people and still don't actually understand what wifi is exactly other than it makes the internet work. But I've never had a computer or laptop in this house, so I assume I haven't got it.
Wifi internet is the internet floating around in the air, without having to plug it into your computer to make the connection. It's best to set a password, so that neighbours and parked motorists can't use your wifi.

I do ( sort of ) get that.

It's the bit about the internet floating around in the air, I can't quite get my head round. Anyway, if I can get the thing working, don't suppose it really matters if I understand how it's come about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.