Iran

kangablue said:
Fabulous country. Amazing historical sites and ancient cities. Great food and everything's very cheap. Hotels at the cheaper end of the scale are horrendous, and the traffic in the capital is utterly mad.

As someone said earlier, the people are the most welcoming I've experienced anywhere on the planet, so much so it can be overwhelming.

Well worth the effort.
Are you sure? The religious women look like terrorists so it must be the shittiest country on Earth!

Munters...the lot of them ;)

01.jpg

Just your run of the mill,
average Tehran girl.

ramona+amiri.jpg

Ramona Amiri.

Aida,+Shiraz,+Iran.jpg

Behind private walls, Iranian hotties like Aida here
from Shiraz, Iran, embrace the latest in Western
swimwear.

I was all set to going and work out there in the late 70s but alas the Islamic revolution ended links with our factory in Iran when everything western became a no no out there, one of my mates was out there for 18 months though and married an Iranian girl who was a stunning looking woman,he did manage to get her out in time but alas her parents who were both doctors didn't make it and she's been unable to make contact since. I'd say if you fancy going its always good to see other Countries and cultures but i'd be very careful what I said and did myself be sure to post if you return safe like.

kangablue said:
Fabulous country. Amazing historical sites and ancient cities. Great food and everything's very cheap. Hotels at the cheaper end of the scale are horrendous, and the traffic in the capital is utterly mad.

As someone said earlier, the people are the most welcoming I've experienced anywhere on the planet, so much so it can be overwhelming.

Well worth the effort.

So I have heard, it's a place I would love to visit one day

i kne albert davy said:
I was all set to going and work out there in the late 70s but alas the Islamic revolution ended links with our factory in Iran when everything western became a no no out there, one of my mates was out there for 18 months though and married an Iranian girl who was a stunning looking woman,he did manage to get her out in time but alas her parents who were both doctors didn't make it and she's been unable to make contact since. I'd say if you fancy going its always good to see other Countries and cultures but i'd be very careful what I said and did myself be sure to post if you return safe like.
There must be a strange reason why she can't contact them?
My wife's family come over when Visas allow and they speak often via social media and Skype.

And my wife's family were very prominent pre- revolution with close links to the Shah. Some that did not got out were tortured etc..for information. But things are certainly different now.

Iran is a safe country to visit. The people are very hospitable and friendly.
You will need to go through an agency to get a visa. The Iranians wont give you a visa at the airport or at land border crossings.

I was there 2 years ago, got my visa through an agency then had to go to the Iranian embassy in Istanbul to get the stamp in my passport, all straight forward.

You will have no problems in Iran unless you enter iran without the correct documents.

OxBlue said:
i kne albert davy said:
There must be a strange reason why she can't contact them?
My wife's family come over when Visas allow and they speak often via social media and Skype.

And my wife's family were very prominent pre- revolution with close links to the Shah. Some that did not got out were tortured etc..for information. But things are certainly different now.
I haven't seen him for over 12 months now as he's moved though work his wife's family were very western thinking and strong supporters of the Shah his wife always feared the worst as far as I know she never managed to get any information on their fate which is pretty sad as a nicer girl you couldn't wish to meet. Worse than that was the amount of money I would have made working out there which went down the shitter.

I would love to go there some time - some of the best ancient historical sites on earth and what's more I believe they're crazy for footie too.

+1 to the comments on Iranian women as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.