Iran

CTID1988 said:
SWP's back said:
Skashion said:
Are you saying that's a picture of typical Iranian women?
Is it not?

Let's have some more:

iran-sfSpan.jpg

1210-dyemma-editorial_full_600.jpg

Iran-protests-26-june-2009.jpg

iran_girl.jpg

16iran_337-articleLarge.jpg

Now don't get me wrong, but there isn't a huge amount of thigh on show is there?

No, but the one in the green would get it
3rd pic down,women with green hoodie & a yellow wristband,doesn't look like she wears the full bin liner so vitamin D deficiency wont have kicked in.
Really attractive.

corky1970 said:
CTID1988 said:
Thinking of going for a trip there, has anyone been or got any advice?
Ive said to a few people that im going and i get the same look, but it looks like a lovely place with great people. I know that its pretty much impossible to get money from anywhere so you need to take all cash with you and visas can be a bit of a pain. Any other advice from people who have been?

i laugh at news articles of tourist being killed or kidnapped on the iraq iran border

serves them right you idiots

its a middle class talking pretentious point sat round a dinner table

(in a posh wankers accent)

"oh yea we walked the ramading dong trail in tranbalambadistan, the mountains were serene , the Inuits were friendly and had amazing culture.".yawn e fuckin yawn

Ha, I get what you're saying but i or my mates are as far as you can get from being posh wankers!
Just want to see some stuff before i get old and cynical like you ;)

This chap is secular and moderate right ?

Good enough for me. now can someone get that gurning wanker imadinnerjacket and break his fucking nose please, the wanker.

Lol Corky has it right, the pretentious lovey dovey wankers from Croydon with kids named valentine and honey blossom, and the standard company bmw car on the drive eh darling !

Skashion said:
StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
Nope. Google said that
Iranian women do not all dress in black. Apart from a hijab and having to cover up, there's a lot of fairly typical western western fashion with plenty of jeans and colours on display. Trying to make out like it's a place where all women look and dress the same is wrong.

During the era of post-Revolution rule, Iranian women have had more opportunities in some areas and more restrictions in others. One of the striking features of the revolution was the large scale participation of women from traditional backgrounds in demonstrations leading up to the overthrow of the monarchy. The Iranian women who had gained confidence and higher education under Pahlavi era participated in demonstrations against Shah to topple monarchy. The culture of education for women was established by the time of revolution so that even after the revolution, large numbers of women entered the civil service and higher education, and in 1996 fourteen women were elected to the Islamic Consultative Assembly. In 2003, Iran's first woman judge in Pahlavi era, Shirin Ebadi, won Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts in promoting human rights.

According to UNESCO world survey, at primary level of enrollment Iran has the highest female to male ratio in the world among sovereign nations, with a girl to boy ratio of 1.22:1.00. By 1999, Iran had 140 female publishers, enough to hold an exhibition of books and magazines published by women. As of 2005, 65% of Iran's university students and 43% of its salaried workers were women, and as of early 2007 nearly 70% of Iran's science and engineering students are women. This has led to many female school and university graduates being under-utilised. This is beginning to have an effect on Iranian society and was a contributing factor to the anti-regime protests by Iranian youth.

27.1% of the ministers in government are women (ranks 23rd out of 125 countries) and 3.4% are parliamentarians (140th out of 157 countries). In 2009 Fatemeh Bodaghi became Vice President for Legal Affairs and a top advisor to President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad. Maryam Mojtahidzadeh who runs the women's ministry was also selected as an advisor to the president.
Some quick Wiki facts.

Trying to imply through photos that Iran is another Saudi Arabia where women aren't allowed to do anything, all dress in black, aren't allowed to show faces etc. is painting a false impression. Women in Iran are a lot more free and have plenty of opportunity to be educated and to earn their own money. There have been setbacks with regards to freedom in personal appearance since the Iranian Revolution but there's also some very very encouraging stats in there where life has clearly improved in terms of opportunities for women. It's a mixed bag essentially but you wouldn't guess that based purely on the photos would you? It looked to me, to be an attempt to mislead people with regards to the situation of women in Iran.
Steady on old chap. I wasn't attempting to politicise or start a debate in this thread.

Fabulous country. Amazing historical sites and ancient cities. Great food and everything's very cheap. Hotels at the cheaper end of the scale are horrendous, and the traffic in the capital is utterly mad.

As someone said earlier, the people are the most welcoming I've experienced anywhere on the planet, so much so it can be overwhelming.

Well worth the effort.

CTID1988 said:
Thinking of going for a trip there, has anyone been or got any advice?
Ive said to a few people that im going and i get the same look, but it looks like a lovely place with great people. I know that its pretty much impossible to get money from anywhere so you need to take all cash with you and visas can be a bit of a pain. Any other advice from people who have been?
thats a strange way to kill yourself mate

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
[bigimg]http://beautyprez.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/iran-before-islam-840x520.jpg[/bigimg][bigimg]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbz6kdKI721rrmnu3o1_500.jpg[/bigimg]
Iran 1970's

[bigimg]http://centurychina.com/plaboard/uploads/iran_female_ninjas.jpg[/bigimg]
Iran now

Looks like the 70's was a better time to have visited Tehran our kid

Um feck that, the woman at the top look approachable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.