Ireland's season so far - is it Hughes' doing?

Give credit where credit is due Hughes has had a very positive impact upon Ireland and this is one of Hughes very very few successes.

PBLZ129 said:
I know just before the start of season he went running in Glossop alot and started taking some martial arts classes and it seems to have helped.

Anyone know if it was off his own back or whether it was implimented by the manager?

Stevie did all this well before hughes was in charge, had nothing to do with him, but credit hughes for believing in him and giving him his chance in right position

Credit to Mark Hughes for making a stand against Shinawatra, Aldridge and Cook by refusing to sell him to Sunderland.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
If he wants credit for Ireland's improvement then he must also take responsibility for the likes of Richards and Dunne and the team in general going massively backwards.
He is currently doing his best to suggest that these have nothing whatsoever to do with him and that it is the fault of some sort of never-seen-before, unmanagable squad that no manager in the world could take anywhere other than a relegation battle.

He can't have it both ways.
How are you measuring this?

Hughes isn't a good motivator. It's all down the lad himself and I hope to god he stay because the club is a shambles right now.

Hughes has obviously has some input but it was by and large all Stephens own doing. At the very end of last season he took it upon himself to put in some intense close season training, working on his stamina and upper body strength and the results are there for everyone to see. Stephen certainly has the drive, the desire and the pride in wearing the City shirt and is prepared to run all day for the cause. There have been games when he has been carrying small injuries but has run through the pain barrier for the team. He wants to suceed as an individual and as a club here at City and I only wish 3/4 of the current squad would look to Stephen as an inspiration as to what actually can be achieved with the right mentality. If the rumour concerning Arsenal has any shred of credibility about it then City should tell them in know uncertain terms to Fuck right off and then reward Stephen with a new contract he thouroughly deserves, he has been one of if not the most influential player of our season so far and should be shown that the club are prepared to back his own aspirations and tie him down for the long term future.

I like how his reception from the stands has changed. I remember last season one game he played failry decently but no-one picked up on the good stuff he did just the times he gave it away. Anyway he got subbed and i think i was the only one within maybe a 50 seat diameter that stood up and applauded him. It really is testement to how he's turned his game around that now everyones on their feet.

Marvin said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
If he wants credit for Ireland's improvement then he must also take responsibility for the likes of Richards and Dunne and the team in general going massively backwards.
He is currently doing his best to suggest that these have nothing whatsoever to do with him and that it is the fault of some sort of never-seen-before, unmanagable squad that no manager in the world could take anywhere other than a relegation battle.

He can't have it both ways.
How are you measuring this?

The performances I see them putting in compared to performances I've seen in other parts of their respective careers. Plus results.

Now, if you want to tell me that they haven't gone backwards then be my guest. I'm guessing that you are going to drag out the 'the team was rubbish for six months under Sven' excuse.

It gets a bit boring after a while. As if one six month period means that said players are therefore always going to be shit for the rest of their careers. Especially when Hughes, and if you're honest, I would almost guarantee you too, was claiming pre season that he was going to implement such changes that you would see any flaws from last season ironed out in his new regime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.