Irish Current Affairs.

I cannot stand Sinn Fein, and I don't know anyone who can. I dread the thought of them being in government here in the south, so have huge sympathy for the ordinary people of NI having to put up with them now as the biggest party. They're a despicable organisation and I cannot understand their supporters, north or south. Current affairs these days is so depressing.

I cannot stand Sinn Fein, and I don't know anyone who can. I dread the thought of them being in government here in the south, so have huge sympathy for the ordinary people of NI having to put up with them now as the biggest party. They're a despicable organisation and I cannot understand their supporters, north or south. Current affairs these days is so depressing.
I have my own issues with them that revolve more around policy.
I and nobody I know would vote for them either. Both north and south I think the fact that they are more focused on an all Ireland is to the detriment of the actual task of running an economy.

Perhaps that is changing, but I don’t think, for the betterment of my lot, should they end up in government. I think I would be the poorer for it.
They still have a gobshite ‘up the RA’ element In their support yet, that never fail to ruin any progressiveness that they try to project to the younger generation.
It will take the dying out of that element both north and south before any real progress will be made in the party.

I agree with Wolviedihno that a rise of the middle ground up north would be the preferable future, but down south a real alternative to FF and FG was long overdue. It wasn’t there and in it’s absence the youth who don’t have our political baggage have helped them fill the void.

I have my own issues with them that revolve more around policy.
I and nobody I know would vote for them either. Both north and south I think the fact that they are more focused on an all Ireland is to the detriment of the actual task of running an economy.

Perhaps that is changing, but I don’t think, for the betterment of my lot, should they end up in government. I think I would be the poorer for it.
They still have a gobshite ‘up the RA’ element In their support yet, that never fail to ruin any progressiveness that they try to project to the younger generation.
It will take the dying out of that element both north and south before any real progress will be made in the party.

I agree with Wolviedihno that a rise of the middle ground up north would be the preferable future, but down south a real alternative to FF and FG was long overdue. It wasn’t there and in it’s absence the youth who don’t have our political baggage have helped them fill the void.
Is it not just the urban working classes who used to vote for FF that are now voting SF? I have always considered that we are lucky in Ireland to be governed by non-ideological centrist parties. Regrettably, those days are now over.

Is it not just the urban working classes who used to vote for FF that are now voting SF? I have always considered that we are lucky in Ireland to be governed by non-ideological centrist parties. Regrettably, those days are now over.
One thing the rise of Sinn Fein has done is cause the FF and FG parities to go into coalition rather than have them in government, such is their loathing and revulsion.

It truly is the death of civil war politics in Ireland.
If you need to look for a positive.

th (3).jpeg
Congrats Uncle Andy and Pastor Begbie retain their "safe" seats in the MLA.

Da lost his to a pigeon wearing an Alliance sticker.

My father shares your views, but in the South anyway, Sinn Feins success is due to the corruption of FF and the fucking non entity that is FG and labour.

The health service, high taxation/poor services, homelessness and the abomination of the housing market has driven younger voters who did not grow up in the troubles into SF. SF have also been clever an put front and centre good communicators with no historical link to the IRA. People like Mary Lou and Pierce Doherty are far more effective communicators than anything FG/FF have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.