Irish referendum to repeal Eighth Amendment

That is a huge victory, I thought it would be close. That is almost a landslide.

Well done the Irish.

Fantastic if the exit polls are accurrate.
Whether you agree with abortion or not, the right to choose should belong to every woman.

Fantastic work ladies (and lads).

Great to see older generations pass down the choice to the new ones, despite their own grievances (I'm sure there were many old Catholics voting Yes with those results)

Plastic Irish in Manchester make me laugh so much. Guinness hats on St. Patrick’s and Celtic tops yet thick Manc accents. They’re often as Irish as Robert Mugabe.

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent news - a country freed from the Middle Ages and religious fundamentalism with women having the right to determine what happens to their own bodies - so pleased that yet again Irish youth vote triumphs as it did over same sex marriage. I bet there were quite a few older ladies who have made the trip to England in the past for an abortion who finally got the chance to right the wrong they were put through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.