Is £6m for Johnson Good or Bad Business?

fbloke

Is £6m for Johnson Good or Bad Business?

I personally think that Johnson should not be sold, certainly not now when his value is much lower than it should be.

I hope he is given time and can be central to City's developments over then next few years.

But having said that will he get the chance?

I ask because of this piece.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp looks set to make a £6 million bid for Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson in January.

Having recently recovered from a persistent abdominal injury, the 21 year-old midfielder is concerned about his playing chances at the Eastland club.

Redknapp is concerned by his ‘lack of options’ in the centre of the park, but has no plans to bring back Jamie O’Hara, who is currently on loan at Portsmouth.

Johnson, 21, broke into the City side three years ago but has since lost his place through injury, and has just 60 seconds of Premier League action under his belt this season.

He has also fallen behind Gareth Barry, Stephen Ireland, Nigel de Jong, Martin Petrov and Vincent Kompany in the Blues’ pecking order, and a £6 million bid could tempt Hughes to sell.

Redknapp will be keen to bolster his squad, which is currently fifth in the Premier League table but lack strength in depth.

Redknapp said: ‘Central midfield is the one area we don’t have a lot of players. We’ve only got Palacios, Huddlestone and Jenas.

Redknapp still considers utility man O’Hara surplus to his requirements. He added: “If Portsmouth want to keep Jamie and we’ve got enough players, I’ll have a chat with Paul Hart and see if I can help him out”

I say keep the player and under no circumstances sell a player of Johnsons potential to another Prem' club.

Re: Is £6m for Johnson Good or Bad Business?

Should not be sold at any price. Potential worldbeater.

Seeing as though we turned down 8 million from Fulham last January when he wasnt even fit there is no way we would accept 6 million now. Hughes has come out and said that Johnson will save him a fortune in the transfer market so unless the player tries to instigate a move then he's going nowhere.

That news piece was in the sun weeks ago... Its a non starter.. Hughes has already been on record saying how glad he is to have johnson back, that it is like a new multi million pound signing.. Would make no sense sticking by him through the injury and then flogging him

Prior to injury there wouldn't have been a single city fan that would have chosen Ireland over Johnson in the starting line up, Ireland, granted has improved immensely but Johnson could still be that little bit better

I'd rather have Johnson in the squad than £6m. I can see him really pushing for Barry's place, and after the WC is over I can see him having some success in doing that.

Would be daft to sell. He's got a long way to go but £6 mill to us is fuck alla and would be stupid to move him on. Ditto Micah

Agree with the general view. Keep him.

Firthy said:
Should not be sold at any price. Potential worldbeater.

THIS! Johnson is a Gerrard in the making.

It's up to Johnson ....... if he really wants to play here then he's got to stay fit , and up his game to a level where it's hard to leave him out of the starting eleven ....... if he doesn't do that he'll fall further and further back , and possibly be sold ........ as we've already allegedly been offered £8 million for him , £6 million should probably be turned down , even despite all the games he's missed ....... but he's got to perform , we just can't carry passengers anymore!

Needs to trim himself down too , or he'll land up like Gazza!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.