Is anybody really worried...

mammutly said:
I just did some worrying calculations. If we continue with our league form to date, we will end the season with 40 points.

Should be enough to not get relegated right?

mammutly said:
I just did some worrying calculations. If we continue with our league form to date, we will end the season with 40 points.

40 points keeps you up (with the exception of 1 season)....still not any comfort though.

I was really optimistic that we would turn this around in Dec with a run of 'easier' fixtures...but 2 games into that run and Im no longer so sure. We might beat WBA but doubt we'll beat Hull City the way they are grinding out results at the moment....and we're bound to get beat by Blackburn just because they're on a losing streak. After all, that's how it works with us. Not had a win for a while ?? Come play City......Centre Forward low on confidence and not scoring goals ?? Come play City.......

We lost 13 games last season. This season... 9 already. It's foolish to think that the Jan transfer window is going to rescue us. God, I fcuking hope we're going to be OK, I can't stand much more hurt supporting City :-(

how can anyone not be worried?
hughes played argueably our best squad today and still lost. what does that tell you?
either
the players aren't as good as we think
hughes's formation's/tactics are well off
hughes cant manage the team properly
everton were better than us (not the case)

we need a change in manager and soon

Cheesy said:
We lost 13 games last season. This season... 9 already. It's foolish to think that the Jan transfer window is going to rescue us. God, I fcuking hope we're going to be OK, I can't stand much more hurt supporting City :-(

amen

To be honest, at the start of the season I was pissing myself about Spurs and Newcastle and rejoicing their predicament. Now Spurs are above us and Newcastle just 2 points behind - suddenly I am not laughing.

There are a million views on here about a relagation battle but it comes down to one thing only - If we keep losing matches we will be in a relegation battle - simple as. All the bollocks about injuries and other excuses won't mean a damn. All teams have the same problems but seem to be doing, largely, a bit better than us. How can Bolton / Wigan etc outshine us ? Many keep saying that there are teams that are worse than us - I think that is true but these 'worse' teams keep beating us. Lots of table being 'tight' and that's true too - but unless you win a match or two it doesn't matter - being at the bottom of a 'tight' table is still being at the bottom. "We could shoot up by winning a couple of games" - true - when does the winning start ? "Buying a couple of class players will sort things" - should be true but hasn't been the case since buying SWP, Robhino, Jo, Kompany, Zab !

Some will slag Sven off all day but I still say he had half an excellent season and half a poor one - Hughes is looking like he is going to go all season accepting shit performances - how is that better ?

To be honest I am going to be happy if we do not get relegated this season now. I think we can kiss Europe goodbye for next year.

Danielmanc said:
To be honest, at the start of the season I was pissing myself about Spurs and Newcastle and rejoicing their predicament. Now Spurs are above us and Newcastle just 2 points behind - suddenly I am not laughing.

There are a million views on here about a relagation battle but it comes down to one thing only - If we keep losing matches we will be in a relegation battle - simple as. All the bollocks about injuries and other excuses won't mean a damn. All teams have the same problems but seem to be doing, largely, a bit better than us. How can Bolton / Wigan etc outshine us ? Many keep saying that there are teams that are worse than us - I think that is true but these 'worse' teams keep beating us. Lots of table being 'tight' and that's true too - but unless you win a match or two it doesn't matter - being at the bottom of a 'tight' table is still being at the bottom. "We could shoot up by winning a couple of games" - true - when does the winning start ? "Buying a couple of class players will sort things" - should be true but hasn't been the case since buying SWP, Robhino, Jo, Kompany, Zab !

Some will slag Sven off all day but I still say he had half an excellent season and half a poor one - Hughes is looking like he is going to go all season accepting shit performances - how is that better ?

Can't really dispute a single word of that, except for the last bit.

Hughes should be allowed more time. I'd say maybe 10 more games. I really hope he turns it around, but I can't say I'm not worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.