Is anybody really worried...

We are three points off mid-table but we have been steadily dropping so there is no room for complacency but there's an awful lot can happen yet and we really don't know if January will bring us great joy or major frustration. Not very original but one game at a time I suggest is the way to think.

mammutly said:
Danielmanc said:
To be honest, at the start of the season I was pissing myself about Spurs and Newcastle and rejoicing their predicament. Now Spurs are above us and Newcastle just 2 points behind - suddenly I am not laughing.

There are a million views on here about a relagation battle but it comes down to one thing only - If we keep losing matches we will be in a relegation battle - simple as. All the bollocks about injuries and other excuses won't mean a damn. All teams have the same problems but seem to be doing, largely, a bit better than us. How can Bolton / Wigan etc outshine us ? Many keep saying that there are teams that are worse than us - I think that is true but these 'worse' teams keep beating us. Lots of table being 'tight' and that's true too - but unless you win a match or two it doesn't matter - being at the bottom of a 'tight' table is still being at the bottom. "We could shoot up by winning a couple of games" - true - when does the winning start ? "Buying a couple of class players will sort things" - should be true but hasn't been the case since buying SWP, Robhino, Jo, Kompany, Zab !

Some will slag Sven off all day but I still say he had half an excellent season and half a poor one - Hughes is looking like he is going to go all season accepting shit performances - how is that better ?

Can't really dispute a single word of that, except for the last bit.

Hughes should be allowed more time. I'd say maybe 10 more games. I really hope he turns it around, but I can't say I'm not worried.

I agree with you mammulty - I think he should be given more time too - I was just thinking that, at this stage, he is worse not better than Sven. Like you, I hope he can turn it round.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Still worried Cheeseman.

When I posted this first time round, I actually wasn't worried at all. Now, tbh with you, I'm genuinely fearful :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.