Is Chelsea on Wednesday the make or break match?

peoffrey

Team supported
Wales
I'm letting my mind worry me too much but, if U****d beat Wolves today (highly probable) then they'll move 4 points clear in the Premiership with 9 to play and a fairly easy run of matches. City can reduce the gap to 1 point with a win over Chelsea on Wednesday - but you only have to look at them at the moment to see Di Matteo has got them playing. It's 3 wins in 3 matches and I think they'll get past Leicester in the FA Cup today. His initial influence appears good.

Anything but 3 points on Wednesday is an absolute disaster and could finish our Premiership title challenge. I think Wednesday is our biggest match of the season and I'm not looking forwards to it. Can anyone put me in my place and confirm why this isn't true?

Pessimistic Peoffrey.

awest said:
All our games are "must win" simple as that.
feels like united are unstoppable right now but we all know they can slip up. we need to win every game to keep putting the pressure on them. as long as we can catch them going in to the derby then we are in a good position.

Will be interesting to see Chelsea's team today in the Cup. After the game on Wednesday expect a few rested....

If we're 4 points behind after playing Chelsea it's over. It's that simple. Forget about points and games to play, the psychological impact for both sides will resonate till the season is through. You could argue we're still feeling the fallout from the last time we lost to Chelsea.

If we can keep the Rags within 2 points leading up to the derby it could just be the slither of hope needed to push over the line. But if they come to our place knowing even a win for us doesn't see us ahead we're fucked.

Can't afford to lose really, we must be able to go first by winning the derby next month, otherwise we can't win the league unless they slip up somewhere. With a run in containing mostly bottom half table teams, can't see them dropping anything elsewhere tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.