Is English Football reaching a tipping point?

Depends who to, I suppose? To me, not at all, given that if they're making progress and improving, that's what counts. To the media who love to jump on such things, probably. I guess did any of us doubt the Guardiola way after losing to Wigan? No. But did some after being stuffed by Leicester, yes probably.
I still hear blues roaring at Stones, Ota, Laporte, Ederson to get rid. Every game. It'll take sustained success to undo the damage of 80 years of percentage football (percentage per attacking play, not per 90 minutes).

Then some **** will come along with two pacy wingers, a talented big striker and a talented little striker and have some temporary success and it'll need another period of sustained success. People don't like doing things the complicated way even when it's obviously the better and more fun way.

There has been a revolution in Eng lish football thanks to Pep. Most top flight teams are now playing progressive attacking football with less emphasis on hoofball. The only exceptions are probably Cardiff and the Rags (and to a lesser extent Burnley). As usual the sports media has been behind the curve. It is absurd asking people like Allardyce and Warnock for their opinions. They are remnants of a byegone age. Peg has become a figure of fun.

You don't have to go full Pep, to play high quality attacking football imo.

It can be done with a mixture of playing out from the back, & playing more safe, provided there is still an accent on pass & move football.

Both Mancini & Pellegrini had a season each of playing real quality stuff. Wenger did in the past.

Pep has taken it a level further, but there is no reason pretty much all teams can't learn to play at least some kind of quality football.
I agree with your first sentence, but I think it depends on the players you have available, and whilst we have managers like Warnock in the league it won't change enough, certainly not against us anyway.

I'm curious to see what Wolves do next weekend, will they risk having a go ?

I agree with your first sentence, but I think it depends on the players you have available, and whilst we have managers like Warnock in the league it won't change enough, certainly not against us anyway.

They'll sit tight, press from 5 yards inside our half and look to play it into Raul first time when they recover possession. Just like the league cup game although they had a different striker. That's the coaches style and I don't blame him tbf. Need Walker and Eddie on their toes and it's going to be a very difficult game.

It depends on how games are officiated. If a referee allows a team to rotate its players in kicking a skill full player up in the air, for say six players before they even think of a yellow, let alone a red, then nothing will change. Twats like Kane, Ali, Bennett and Fellani need dealing with and not by reciprocal action from players. Arter for example should be looking at a 3 match ban regardless of whether Pawson saw it, or not.

It depends on how games are officiated. If a referee allows a team to rotate its players in kicking a skill full player up in the air, for say six players before they even think of a yellow, let alone a red, then nothing will change. Twats like Kane, Ali, Bennett and Fellani need dealing with and not by reciprocal action from players. Arter for example should be looking at a 3 match ban regardless of whether Pawson saw it, or not.
Worst thing is Arter is far from a dirty player, Colin Wanker was behind that.

Its a good point, yesterday their number 26 was at it continuously, and should have been booked first half when Mariner let him away with after waving play on (rightly as we were on the attack), he did finally get a card in the second half, which should have been a second one. We're not scared of giving it back fortunately, and both Mendy and Fernandhino had a go back at him late on. Wait till we play Warnock, that'll be fun.

Its a good point, yesterday their number 26 was at it continuously, and should have been booked first half when Mariner let him away with after waving play on (rightly as we were on the attack), he did finally get a card in the second half, which should have been a second one. We're not scared of giving it back fortunately, and both Mendy and Fernandhino had a go back at him late on. Wait till we play Warnock, that'll be fun.
Mendy properly clocked the fucker in injury time if we're thinking of the same lad, nicely played.

Yeah I think he tried to take Foden out, and Mendy was all over it.
2 swipes, one at Foden and one at Sané that missed, be nice to see the likes of Laporte, Mendy, Walker, Vinny making it very clear that those will be met with retribution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.