Is Garry Cook any good at signing players?

Kippax.

FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
Now here me out, we tried to sign Ronaldiniho in the summer it went on and on and on and Cook came out saying that we are in advanced talks and then he chosen Milan. Now you can say Ronaldiniho was never coming to us and Milan was always his first destination, or was it Cook who is new to this not really "in the know" how a football club works when negotiate when trying to sign a player.

Now people will say well we did sign Robiniho but if you remember cook knew nothing about the takeover till the last minute so I don’t think in my opinion that he had nowt to do with it. So back to Cook he signed who? Jo, TBH, Zab, SWP, Bertie, Kompany, and Bridge who i think it was Hughes who was the real negotiator in the deal.

Now since the take over Cook has had the best part of three months to find the best footballers around the world and i think he's tried to sign them, but why aren’t any of them biting? you could say its because of our league position and you could say its because we are not in the champions league. But what about the Robiniho's of this world who want a challenge and yes come for the money? I firmly believe that Cook is not doing a great job in this and not promoting the club in the best way to convince the players to sign for us. If i was the Abu Dhabi group i would of wanted a "big" signing in the first week to make the football world know city mean business. But at the moment since the transfer window has opened we have signed and been linked to players outside the premiership are really unknown players.

Robbo. said:
Now people will say well we did sign Robiniho but if you remember cook knew nothing about the takeover till the last minute so I don’t think in my opinion that he had nowt to do with it.

Who did then?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Robbo. said:
Now people will say well we did sign Robiniho but if you remember cook knew nothing about the takeover till the last minute so I don’t think in my opinion that he had nowt to do with it.

Who did then?

Look I dont have a clue, but its took what 10 hrs from the takeover to sign Robiniho, So why the fuck havent we signed a big signing yet? its been 10 days? we are a third into it. somthing isn't right. You must think its strange?

Interesting post, BUT ........
Do we know what kind of money the owners have given him to spend, because looking at the players we seem to be looking at, I think weve only got a budget of £50m or so, and when youve got 5/6 positions you want to improve with that money youve got to drop you expectations.

cant remember who it was ,think it was kompany but it took him fucking ages to go through just silly paperwork . He admitted , he was new to the game and would get better at it . you have heard of kenyon getting deals done thats why chelsea poached him . Can you see Buzz lightyear i mean gary cook having same effect

Robbo. said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Who did then?

Look I dont have a clue, but its took what 10 hrs from the takeover to sign Robiniho, So why the fuck havent we signed a big signing yet? its been 10 days? we are a third into it. somthing isn't right. You must think its strange?

It was no secret that Robinho wanted out of Madrid, and I think Madrid were more than wiling to let him go.
I also think that initial moves were made prior to us being taken over, as the takeover deal could not have been done over a couple of days.

Robbo. said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Who did then?

Lol, I'd like to know who did it if Cook didn't. Maybe Cook did really well in getting RObinho in with less than a days notice?

Why don't we judge him when the transfer window is shut, as oppoosed to only a third of the way in

The Fat el Hombre said:
Robbo. said:

Lol, I'd like to know who did it if Cook didn't. Maybe Cook did really well in getting RObinho in with less than a days notice?

Why don't we judge him when the transfer window is shut, as oppoosed to only a third of the way in

yeah fair point!

I broadly agree, we should have sent out a statement of intent to the football world, we are going to the best, to be the best we need and will get the best players in the world (and the best manager). There is no room for sentiment if you want to be the best.

Signings should have been ready in advance, look at Real Madrid. Instead we are struggling to sign proven premiership players, who are not by any stretch of the imagination the best players in their positions in the world, at hugehly inflated prices.

Perhaps if MCFC told us the grand plan and the straegy to get there that would help. It seems to me that MH's organic strategy could take 10 years and more, if we keep signing players of the ilk mentioned by MH to date in this transfer window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.