Is it better to be ignorant ?

Not in a malice sense.

but there’s just so many problems in the world that if you spend enough time watching/reading it becomes very heavy and leads to anxiety and depression.

whilst some people can just switch off from it all and not have a care in the world and just go about there day, no debating, no arguing with anyone.

is it better to just be ignorant and not bother with all the worlds woes.

I think in some ways it is. But remember how lucky you are, you don't (I am guessing) have to worry each day where your next meal is coming from, or that you are under constant threat from gangs/army/state persecution or whatever

But we each have our own issues in life, relative to our neighbours/friends/family so that qquals it out a little

Ignorance doesn't equal being thick but it does go in hand in hand sometimes.

Look at all the twats queuing to get into Ikea today. With their kids. kids who they wouldn't send to school as it was "unsafe."

Ignorance is a good thing with certain things. I applied it to tabloid 'Celeb' types years back. I still don't know what a Kardashian does/did. Or exactly how manythere are. I do know there's more than one unfortunately. Please, nobody spoil this for me!

Who was it who said: "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance" ?
Keep up, but be selective. As @Bradley82 says, some things are not worth knowing. What is a Kardashian?

I’ve no knowledge of pop music. The first setting on my digital radio is Radio 6. The younger ones in the pub would monopolise the juke box with absolute crap and know all the words too. Ignorance is bliss in that sense.

Its too late for some

ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK HOLIDAYMAKERS

1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

2. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

BE AWARE ...THEY WALK AMONG US

Better for you, worse for others. If we are all ignorant then nothing will change.

We have a WhatsApp group for our neighbourhood. I came out of it for a few reasons. People posting about dog shit and moaning about a building site when it’s a crime prevention group, and because it made me feel there was more crime than there actually is.

It was, and is, much simpler without it.

As others have said, it depends on the context, but generally speaking, no. No-one is saying you have to be out there on the front lines fighting for every cause going, but choosing to be ignorant, especially when it concerns societal issues, injustices etc, is a terrible idea.

Its too late for some

ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK HOLIDAYMAKERS

1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

2. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

BE AWARE ...THEY WALK AMONG US

some of them clearly taking the piss but funny nonetheless, beats having to complain about the anarchy that greeted you at their check-in every morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.