Is it better to be ignorant ?

Your question reminds me of the movie While We're Young, with Ben Stiller and Adam Driver. In one of the scenes, the characters have a question about a food and the middle aged Ben Stiller offers to google the answer, while the hipster Adam Driver responds, with a smirk on his face, "Let's just not know what it is."

The movie is ultimately a story about getting old and losing the magic of youth, and dealing with a younger generation which is sharper, smarter, and more knowledgeable. To Driver's character, knowledge is so easy to come by that its novel to not know something.

I would say yes. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Sometimes the magic in life is in the pursuit of knowledge, and you lose that magic when knowledge is too easy to come by. It's kind of like how song lyrics could mean something different to thousands of people, but it's kind of ruined when the band explains exactly what the lyrics mean. Now the lyrics only mean that one thing.

The ex lead singer of Crass likes this thread.
And SI has formed a life long career being absolutely spot on,imo,about society.
Crass were a brilliant ,brave,thought provoking, aggresive , creative unit,and their spirit lives on within their former lead singers solo career.saw him last year,top notch.
So what? ;)

I like to understand the world. If there is something I don’t understand I try and educate myself. That goes from Covid to the lifecycle of an eel. Have been like that all my life. Every day is a learning experience.

I have deleted app social media apps, news apps and not watched one news story for the last two weeks. It has been bliss not knowing what is going on in the world.

I’ve actually got most of my news from blue moon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.