Is it harder watching City now we are succesful??

In the 'good old days' teams came and thought they could get a result. Now they come and park the bus, time waste, fake injuries and do not start me on about the scandalous refereeing. If I didn't enjoy live football so much I would have given up but it is the closest I have ever been to not renewing my season card.

Is it just me??
When we were shit it seemed easier to take a defeat, now if we draw it's like the end of the world!!
Watching live isn't as bad but watching us on tv the stress levels go through the roof!! Nearly kicked it in against Arsenal!
Anyone else like this??
God no, I'd much rather get stressed out and pissed off about being in a fight for top four with Aguero, Silva, Sterling and Sané than watching us in relegation battles with shite players.

no019.gif

I am good now at remembering mental marker points, when we started to kick on i thought 'just enjoy it and don't lose it if we do not win every year because that will kill you off Guy'.

I appreciate the importance now but do not let losing stuff kill me off totally, it can ruin a weekend now though if we really fuck it like a last minute loss in a match we owned like a boss. When i was younger we were always shit so i gave up getting pissed off and just looked for good stats or a stand out performance etc. Now i am older though i appreciate the game more probably because if champ manager 93 is anything to go off i would be just about as shit as Pep is good xD

tl;dr easier now mainly due to maturity.

The last couple of seasons have been pretty dull in the main on the pitch and off the pitch has been deteriorating for quite a while. I expect next year will be much better performance wise. The match day experience is as dead as the dodo I'm afraid.

Judging by this place we don't have the same sense of humour anymore
It's stressful watching it on telly and worse trying to find a stream,the results can make my week or wreck it,prem games i am bricking it always,i watch them back and enjoy our football but at the time i'm too nervous
As always it's the hope that kills me

Pre take over a win felt really special. Now, I expect a win, especially against non top four opponents. So I am only ever going to get what I expect, or be disappointed. Strange, but true.

You'll be unsurprised to learn that I waver on the subject. It has nothing to do with City though. Just a reflection of how desperately I want us to win, cos I fucking despise our immediate rivals. Eight years of spiteful media coverage and biased officiating has upped the ante somewhat!
The standard of football (and the thrill of watching it) however, is light years ahead of what it was

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.