Is it harder watching City now we are succesful??

I think age comes into it - you mellow a little more as you get older (derbies excepted!!)

For me 93.20 has totally changed how I watch football in general.

I know I've seen the pinnacle of football (as a Blue)....to pip your rivals to the title, on goal difference, arguably with the goals we scored at the swamp, with a goal scored in fergie time, virtually the last kick of the season.............beat that!!!

So, while I still love City as much as I have done in all my last 40 years of supporting them, everything doesn't seem "quite" as important anymore

The complete opposite. Whilst fluctuations in form will always frustrate, and disappointing results still hurt, watching City today is a joy when compared to any other time I can remember.

A defeat when the team is chasing the title hurts more than one when the team is further down the league, because you cant afford them as much. When we were bad, it was only when we were genuinely at risk of relegation that the defeats really hurt. Otherwise it was a case of being fed up on the evening of the game and then forgetting about it.

Although the QPR game has also changed my thinking. If ever we have a really bad result I just try to make myself think how I would have felt if we hadnt won that game.

I think age comes into it - you mellow a little more as you get older (derbies excepted!!)

For me 93.20 has totally changed how I watch football in general.

I know I've seen the pinnacle of football (as a Blue)....to pip your rivals to the title, on goal difference, arguably with the goals we scored at the swamp, with a goal scored in fergie time, virtually the last kick of the season.............beat that!!!

So, while I still love City as much as I have done in all my last 40 years of supporting them, everything doesn't seem "quite" as important anymore

I`m 63 and it they seem just as important as ever. I dont think I`ve mellowed either. unfortunately. 8-(

No.No.No.
If you cannot enjoy watching this team play, and cannot stomach defeat then have a serious look at yourself.
I loved going to City when we were shit but not for the football, now the 2 hours of the match is the highlight of my week.

Spot on.....some of the football we now play is a joy to watch. And the great news is that next season may well be the best ever under Pep with new summer signings.

Also when I think back over all the years of watching total crap I just wonder to myself how in hell I turned up to be tortured season after season.

Far more difficult to watch us now. We have such talented players yet can't seem to put the ball in the goal. We continually fail to put away even the easiest of chances and insist on trying to score from a tap in or inside the 6 yard box. I wish we would shoot more, at least get it on target instead of straight t the keeper. The amount of chances we have squandered by hitting the ball straight at the keeper is shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.